Moving Blesta 3 To A Different Directory

philpem

Question

As part of today's migration from WHMCS to Blesta, I've been running the two billing systems side by side in different directories (with both locked out to clients until I'd moved the accounts over). WHMCS was in /public_html/_whmcs_PRIV and Blesta was in /public_html/_blesta_test.

I've now moved Blesta from /public_html/_blesta_test to the root /public_html directory, but it wasn't working correctly -- I could log in to the Staff Admin panel, but the navigation buttons along the top were all linking to /_blesta_test/...

Thankfully this one has a fairly simple solution -- delete everything in the "cache" directory, in the directory where Blesta was installed. Refresh the Staff Admin panel and the navigation buttons should work again.

2 answers to this question

That is the proper solution. This can also be accomplished by going to Settings > System Settings > Staff > Staff Groups, and editing your staff group and simply saving it.. this also clears the cached navigation links.

The only other thing you'll likely have to do, is re-issue your license in the client area.

That is the proper solution. This can also be accomplished by going to Settings > System Settings > Staff > Staff Groups, and editing your staff group and simply saving it.. this also clears the cached navigation links.

The only other thing you'll likely have to do, is re-issue your license in the client area.

Good point - I did have to do that. "This license is not valid for this location" (if I remember correctly!) is the error you get for that. I can't remember if it mentioned logging into the client area, but that might be worth adding to the error message if it isn't in there already.

Also good point on the Settings button; I think that was the only link (beside log out) which wasn't subject to the nav-bar link breakage.