Importing Coupon Codes

CraigA

Question

5 answers to this question

Does anyone know a quick way to import coupon codes?

WagJag.com is going to be running a special on my company and they've provided me with 1500 codes to import :o

Whoa, that's a lot of codes.

I suppose a utility to loop through all those coupon codes and enter them into the database would be necessary. There's currently no built in support for importing coupon codes.

Sounds good.  I'm going to write a utility to iterate through this CSV and import it all the codes then.  If I could get some confirmation on which tables need to be updated that would really help.

Basically these Wag Jag coupon codes are going to give a 100% discount and will expire November 16th.  I created a special package just for the Wag Jag customers, which got assigned package id "10"

Looking at the DB I came up with this:
table: coupons
fields: id, code, company_id, used_qty, max_qty, start_date, end_date, status, type, recurring, limit_recurring
table: coupon_amounts
fields: coupon_id, currency, amount, type
table: coupon_packages
fields: coupon_id, package_id

%fcid% = first coupon code available

Pseudo code:

for $i = %fcid% to 1500+%fcid%
   table coupons
        id = $i, code = from csv, company_id = my company id, used_qty = 0, max_qty = 1, start_date = 2013-10-08 00:00:00, end_date = 2013-11-17 00:00:00, status = active, type = exclusive, recurring = 0, limit_recurring = 0
   table coupon_amounts
           coupon_id = $i, currency = my currency, amount = 100.0000, type = percent
   table coupon_packages
           coupon_id = $i, package_id = 10
loop

other than these three tables, are there any other tables I would have to update with the utility for a successful import?

$coupon = $GET['code'];

$id = $api->put("Coupons", "add", array('code' => $coupon, 'company_id' => "1", 'max_qty' => "1", 'end_date' => "2013-11-17 03:59:59",'recurring' => "0", 'limit_recurring' => "0", 'packages' => array('0' => "10"), 'currency' => "USD", 'amount' => "100.0000"))->response();

returns "Internal error: Failed to retrieve the default value"

can you point me in the right direction Tyson?

Try using POST. The discount amount also needs to be in an array:

$id = $api->post("coupons", "add", array('code' => $coupon, 'company_id' => "1", 'max_qty' => "1", 'end_date' => "2013-11-17 03:59:59",'recurring' => "0", 'limit_recurring' => "0", 'packages' => array("10"), array(array('currency' => "USD", 'amount' => "100.0000"))))->response();