Universal Module Welcome Email Tags

S.H.

Question

Hello everybody, I have been looking through the documentation for the Universal Module but there is no information about tags that can be used for the welcome email. In fact the current docs page for the Universal Module is severely lacking any sort of details about its features. The module itself is very versatile and powerful but proper documentation needs to be provided to showcase the full features and usage.

So back to the topic, does anyone know of the email tags for service options and package options in the Universal Module?

3 answers to this question

You would set the email tags in the package welcome email.

Let's say you have a universal module product that you're creating. Under the "Package Options" section of your product, you can set a label, name, type, values, whether the field is required, and whether to encrypt the values.

e.g.

Label: My Package Option

Name: my_package_option

Type: Text

Required: No

Encrypted: No

Values:

Similarly, under the "Service Options" section of the product, you have the same fields available.

e.g.

Label: My Service Option

Name: my_service_option

Type: Text

Required: Yes

Encrypted: No

Values:

Now when you add/edit a package where you have selected this universal module product, the Welcome Email has tag support for your fields based on their "Name" value as set in the universal module.

Based on my example Package and Service options above, you would have these tags available to the package welcome email:

{package.my_package_option}

{service.my_service_option}