Can't Delete Server After Service Is Cancelled (Cpanel)

Daniel B

I only had one server assigned to a specific server, that service has been cancelled via the client management page.

However, when I go to delete this server it still says "The row can not be deleted because it belongs to one or more services."

also partly related:

• can't inactivate/delete a package if the server itself has been removed (vps reprovisioned so there is no cpanel package to select) - "The package could not be deleted because a service is currently using it." and "A cPanel Package is required." when try to mark it as inactive since I can't delete it.
  • can't delete server group because package is assigned to it (which I can't delete because it thinks there is still a service attached to it...

Deleting a server/module row that references packages and services starts to get a little complicated, as you have to ask what will happen to those child packages/services. We have scheduled CORE-209 for v3.2 that will determine how what you described gets handled, but it's currently not designated a bug; instead, an improvement.

Based on your example canceled service--even if you didn't have a service, you couldn't delete the server because it has a package associated with it. Uninstalling the module works (for now), but opens up problems with packages being undeletable. The solution we're leaning toward seems to be to unlink packages/services from a module upon uninstallation.

well I don't want to uninstlal the module, because there are packages/servers that still need to use the module.

The issue is I had a VPS that I cancelled...I moved the clients to another VPS, and I no longer need to have it in the blesta install...so just wanted to remove it to clear clutter.  That seems like it should be a pretty standard thing that could happen.  The only services/packages that are referenced are no longer needed.  They are cancelled services.  But I can't deactivate the package in order to remove the server, because the package sees the cancelled service as still assigned to it.

Maybe someone sending cancelled services to a dummy package?

It's easy enough to work around, I just edited everything to make it point to another VPS I had, but being able to delete them would still be good.

As long as it's on the to-do list that's fine with me though, thanks! :)