Singlehop Reseller Program + Blesta

Daniel B

First, if anyone knows of some other awesome reseller programs (vps/cloud/dedicated/etc), let me know...even if it's your own :)...

Second, I've been looking around for a dedicated/vps/cloud reseller account for a while now...and Singlehop, from what I have seen...pretty much blows everyone out of the water...their system just looks awesome.

But...right now, although they do have a whitelabeled control panel (that I will be using once they get around to actually signing me up), they only have integration support with WHMCS and Ubersmith.  So I figured, if you awesome Blesta Devs wanted to....you should contact them and see if they'd be interested in working on integration with Blesta...would be awesome.

Just a thought while I sit here at work, trying to figure out what reseller I'm going to go with.

I'll have to take another look at Singlehop.  We use BurstNET and Limestone for our dedicated servers.  BurstNET is cheaper unless you start to load up on configurable options, then it's usually Limestone.  Reliability and support from both are outstanding.  We used to use BurstNET for our VPSes when we were first starting out, but nowadays we run our own Xen nodes.

I haven't checked out limestone much, gonna do that now.  I know BurstNET is cheaper...but the amount of support and extra stuff that comes with Singlehop is just amazing...they've got like 10 pages of information to go through just to get a feel for what all their reseller program can offer.

I talked to Dan Ushman earlier this year and they would very much like for us to build a module for integration with Tandem. We just haven't got enough requests for it yet to dig into it too much. So, definitely something we'd like to do, but we have some other things to finish up on first.

It's good to hear you've already thought about it!  (Though...you'd think they would be the ones creating the module...seems like it would benefit them to be available to more billing systems)

I haven't checked out limestone much, gonna do that now.  I know BurstNET is cheaper...but the amount of support and extra stuff that comes with Singlehop is just amazing...they've got like 10 pages of information to go through just to get a feel for what all their reseller program can offer.

Limestone's support has been great.  Their back end is pretty impressive too, with bandwidth pooling and virtual racks and whatnot.  My only gripe about Limestone is that they're very thorough with IP blocks.  I've never been denied needed IPs, but they take their time and require details of all your other IP allocations elsewhere.  I suppose that's going to become the norm as the IPv4 shortage looms, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Otherwise, they've been great to work with.  They were one of the few companies at HostingCon that actually sought us out and really wanted to meet us, tiny company that we are.  If you chat with them, tell them Dave from Fresh Roasted Hosting sent you over!

I'll let them know.  Though, when you sayd "require details of all your other IP allocations elsewhere", are you saying they want information about other service providers you may use, what IPs you have, other IPs/networks you may have at other datacenters, etc?  If so...that is going to throw me off a bit...not sure why any of that would matter for their allocation purposes.

ARIN requires 80% utilization in order to request more resources, if you're getting IPs directly from them. ARIN (and other RIRs) have rules for ISPs in how they allocate resources to end users but these ISPs may have more strict requirements as they try to avoid from running out of IPv4 addresses.

ISPs use customer IPv4 justification forms to justify their requests for more IPs from their RIR.

They probably care about your allocations elsewhere to help justify your need. For example, if you have an aggregate of /22 across all companies you do business with and are requesting a /24, you're increasing your network size by 25%.. not a big deal. On the other hand, if you have in aggregate a /22 and request a /21.. they are likely to reject your request unless you have 80% utilization on that /22 and are planning to migrate everything to them and release those other allocations.

Edit: So, telling them what you have elsewhere is likely to help you get more IPs from them.

I'll let them know.  Though, when you sayd "require details of all your other IP allocations elsewhere", are you saying they want information about other service providers you may use, what IPs you have, other IPs/networks you may have at other datacenters, etc?  If so...that is going to throw me off a bit...not sure why any of that would matter for their allocation purposes.

Yup.  They want to know what range you have, what ISP issued them, and your current utilization.  They'll also ask if you're renumbering out of your current block.  So a submission table might look like:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - /29 - BurstNET - 100%

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - /27 - BurstNET - 93%

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - /27 - BurstNET - 100%

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - /28 - Limestone - 100%

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - /27 - Limestone - 80%

etc.  It's a minor nuisance and as Paul said ARIN is really cranking down on the "dime a dozen" IPv4 mentality of just a few years ago.  I'm sure in another year I'll look back at this post and reminisce about "how hassle-free it used to be to get IPv4 space".

Limestone's service far outweighs this minor annoyance, and I really can't blame 'em for doing it this way.  I just have an unrealistic expectation of being able to click a Magic IPv4 Dispenser button and get more space.

It's going to get even tougher once ARIN gets down to their last /8. They are expecting to be completely exhausted December next year. Other RIR's like RIPE are already on their last /8 and things are pretty tight there now. From what I recall, you can only get a /22 (nothing larger) at RIPE, and you must get IPv6 addresses also. http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/index.html has some interesting stats. I'm on ARIN's mailing list, and there are very interesting discussions happening.

Now, if you want some IPv6 addresses, easy.. problem is IPv6 isn't going to be replacing IPv4 anytime soon (probably never).

• 2 weeks later...