License Key Screen

EidolonHost

Hi, Blesta!

Remaking this thread due to it getting eaten.

So, as I mentioned prior to the thread getting eaten due to the server kernel panicing as mentioned in the forum restore thread... I had updated my monthly license from Blesta to an owned one from LicenseCart. (Thanks, CubicWebs!)

I noticed that while the update went through successfully with a large green updated successfully! message, it does not explicitly state that the update successfully called home. I did, however, assume that it did call home and verified that with CubicWebs that it did in fact call home.

Now, I know that you can see for yourself that the install is licensed in the lower right portion of the admin panel where it says LIcensed to ...

... but the license key screen needs reworking. My suggestions are thus, then with that goal in mind:

Not only a large successful update message as currently in use... but also within this screen where it displays the status of such a license.

Ideally, it would display the following data:

1. Actual license key.

2. Status of license key. Active, deactivated, fraudulent, etc etc.

3. Status of support.

4. For those who resell licenses to end-users like myself and the company I represent... or for those who plan on becoming a recognized license distributor like myself, a screen where you can see for yourself who exactly handles support.

Is it the reseller? Is it direct with Blesta? This would be a quick and easy glance, as it were for those who need to know that sort of information.

So, as I mentioned prior to the thread getting eaten due to the server kernel panicing as mentioned in the forum restore thread... I had updated my monthly license from Blesta to an owned one from LicenseCart. (Thanks, CubicWebs!)

No problem glad to have been of assistance.

I noticed that while the update went through successfully with a large green updated successfully! message, it does not explicitly state that the update successfully called home. I did, however, assume that it did call home and verified that with CubicWebs that it did in fact call home.

Now, I know that you can see for yourself that the install is licensed in the lower right portion of the admin panel where it says LIcensed to ...

License to only shows the company name, in the settings.

1. Actual license key.

2. Status of license key. Active, deactivated, fraudulent, etc etc.

3. Status of support.

4. For those who resell licenses to end-users like myself and the company I represent... or for those who plan on becoming a recognized license distributor like myself, a screen where you can see for yourself who exactly handles support.

Is it the reseller? Is it direct with Blesta? This would be a quick and easy glance, as it were for those who need to know that sort of information.

1. Yeah I agree would be nice to show you that it's updated like we have on the reseller portal (License key updated: owned-000000000000000000)

2. Should be active else it will show a error that your not licensed.

3. If you by from a reseller like myself, we provide the support, and you get support here on the forum. If you are a Blesta customer you can contact them via the client area ticket system or here.

4. Same as 3.

No problem glad to have been of assistance.

License to only shows the company name, in the settings.

1. Yeah I agree would be nice to show you that it's updated like we have on the reseller portal (License key updated: owned-000000000000000000)

2. Should be active else it will show a error that your not licensed.

3. If you by from a reseller like myself, we provide the support, and you get support here on the forum. If you are a Blesta customer you can contact them via the client area ticket system or here.

4. Same as 3.

I know the structure of buying from a reseller and the like. But not everyone realizes that who you purchase the license from typically tends to be the one that provides support. Know what I'm saying?