Import From Freeside 3.4

will

Question

Hey, we're considering purchasing Blesta. We're currently using the demo, and we'd like to attempt to import our old database - a fairly sizeable Postgresql database - from our old billing software, Freeside, to Blesta. I understand that you guys don't have a script available off the shelf for Freeside yet, but I was wondering if you could provide any guidance with regards to importing that data - any and all tips would be appreciated. 

I'm sure there's a lot of questions that I don't know enough to ask, but for starters, should I be trying to adapt the Import Manager plugin for use with Freeside?

Also, do you have an ER/schema diagram for Blesta handy?

I assume http://www.blesta.com/2008/04/28/writing-imports/ is no longer applicable.

Are you going to be at the LA SCALE conference in Feb? If so one of my colleagues would like to email you. If you want, you can send your email to me (lcrawfor@yahoo.com) and I'll forward it to her.

We don't have any plans to be there, though it's not far from us. (45 minute drive)

In Freeside refunds are stored as individual transactions. In Blesta it looks like refunds do not create new transaction, but instead are applied to existing transactions by changing its status to "refunded' and removing the corresponding row in transaction_applied.

So, I am trying to figure out how to import my refunds. I am thinking about creating an invoice in Blesta for each of these refunds, and then let Blesta handle applying any outstanding payments or credit.

Do you have any better ideas?

thanks,

Larry

We have lots of clients with more than one email delivery address for invoices and some with more than one delivery type.

From what I can tell it does not look like this is supported in Blesta. Is that correct?

That is absolutely supported in Blesta.

Each invoice can be queued for delivery in any of the available delivery methods.

Each "billing" contact will receive a copy of the invoice in the selected delivery method. However paper invoices, since they are only addressed to the client, can only be sent to the address for the client (same goes for postalmethods).

I am in the process of validating my migration from freeside to blesta.

I've inserted credits into the transactions table and a related row in transaction_applied.

When cron runs the apply routine it is applying those transactions again.

How can I indicate to blesta that the transaction has already been applied?

I am in the process of validating my migration from freeside to blesta.

I've inserted credits into the transactions table and a related row in transaction_applied.

When cron runs the apply routine it is applying those transactions again.

How can I indicate to blesta that the transaction has already been applied?

How do the records you inserted differ from those that Blesta inserted for the same transaction?

Blesta will take the transactions.amount value for a particular transaction and apply transactions.amount-transaction_applied.amount (for a particular transaction) to invoices until transactions.amount-transaction_applied.amount is 0.

If Blesta is indeed applying transactions that have already been applied, my guess is it's because from what Blesta can tell there are still amounts left to be applied.