Change 2.5.4 From Php 5.2 To 5.4

agisthos

Question

There is plenty of guides for Blesta as far as upgrades go, but I have a different question.

I am running 2.5.4 on a server that has php v 5.2. but my host is now forced upgrading the server to php 5.4

This means I will need the 'other' source guardian version of Blesta. for php 5.3+

My question is, what do I do here? Do I just copy some files across and this updates the Source Guardian installation? Or is there a more major difference between them?

Jeez why did I not just choose ioncube to begin with.

8 answers to this question

There is plenty of guides for Blesta as far as upgrades go, but I have a different question.

I am running 2.5.4 on a server that has php v 5.2. but my host is now forced upgrading the server to php 5.4

This means I will need the 'other' source guardian version of Blesta. for php 5.3+

My question is, what do I do here? Do I just copy some files across and this updates the Source Guardian installation? Or is there a more major difference between them?

Jeez why did I not just choose ioncube to begin with.

Just like you thought, all you have to do is overwrite the current files with the ones encoded in the version you want.  I had to do this a while back and didn't have a problem.  As there are only a couple of encoded files not much is really going to change.  As always though, make a backup just in case.

You should switch to the Ioncube version, I believe SG has problems with PHP 5.4. You also may need an updated b-invoices.php (I think this is the one) file for proper PDF invoice creation. Try opening a PDF invoice first, and if you get an error open a ticket or just email me at sales and include the error and I'll forward you the right file.

Back up everything, files + database before doing anything.. and then just overwrite your files with the ioncube version on this page https://account.blesta.com/client/plugin/download_manager/client_main/index/1/

When you say overwrite files, do you mean public_html as well, or just the ioncube and cron directories that are behind the html root....

All files included in the zip should overwrite your existing files. The zip should not contain your config file, which is in inc/config.php. It's important that your FTP program not delete everything, and then upload the files, otherwise your config file will be gone and it will act like you're doing a fresh installation.

Again, back up everything first.

It worked perfectly. I just deleted all files, uploaded the new ones and replaced config like you said (and replaced cronjob too, because somewhere between 2.2 and 2.3 compatibility was broken on this file for those upgrading from earlier Blesta).

The Ioncube version seems 3 times as fast as the SG.

It worked perfectly. I just deleted all files, uploaded the new ones and replaced config like you said (and replaced cronjob too, because somewhere between 2.2 and 2.3 compatibility was broken on this file for those upgrading from earlier Blesta).

The Ioncube version seems 3 times as fast as the SG.

Awesome good to hear. We've abandoned SG as of Blesta 3.0 entirely, had too many issues with it.