Mobile Application

Alexander Orlov

I am in the process for building to applications for blesta one for the customer side and one for the administration side of things.

I would be releasing theses to the MS and google play stores when theses have been completed and confirmed by blesta to be working. The client application I would allow to be customized from colour schemes, logo and what aspects you want the customer to access for example manage the services, view invoices and even a support ticket.

Customised ones would need to be submitted to the MS and the google play stores, I am looking for ideas from the community here about functions of both sides of the application you would like to see or in the first release.

Regards

Nathan

Maybe for the customer:

- Pay a invoice

- Manage services

- Edit account details

- Open a ticket

- Cancel a service

- Unban IP (If you have the CSF unblocker plugin installed)

Admin:

- View customers

- View Billing page

- View tickets

- Reply to a ticket

- Change Open / Close / Awaiting reply / In Progress status for tickets.

- My Info page

- Settings (Company / System)

- Accept orders

- Manage orders

- Save pages (Yellow Star)

- Write notes on tickets / clients

Erm can't think of any more, will the client's side be free but you pay for the admin area via license. Maybe a plugin we have to buy and then install with a key?

Definitely iPhone.

I second this.  Definitely an iPhone version.  If you do the iPhone version, I can install it on my iPhone and my iPad and I can have it in both places and it would work out like awesomeness!

that's what I had in mind tbh Michael :) would anyone want a iPhone app as well for both.

I also considering a desktop version of it for windows 8 but not 100% sure yet.

Yes, I would like to see the iPhone version as well.  Also, I would like to see a desktop version that would be Windows 7 compatible, not just for Windows 8.

I look forward to your apps.  Let me know when you have them done.  I am also interested in Beta Testing it for you.  I'm good at breaking things. :)

Thanks,

Larry

Hi

I am currently working on the layout on the windows mobile and andriod I will start working on the design for the iPhone as well.

I am planning on releasing the client app first, then the admin side of the applications.

Once I have designed the layouts I will post some

Screenshots of them for feedback before coding starts.

Regards Nathan

After some thought of this and how the app will connect up any installation I will be using a plugin that will generate a user connection CODE that will allow end user to have more than one company under the application.

Would you guys want a passcode for logon or maybe a central logon for different logons so customers can maybe update addresses cross all the brands they access.

The plugin will allow providers to limit access to features within the app for example

• Support Tickets
  • Invoices
  • Services
  • Add new services

The application and plug will be at a small monthly fee which will go to development of the plugin and also ensuring the apps are kept up to date for new OS released of each mobile. Also the connection code will only be seen by customers and not when staff logon into staff mode.

I am just awaiting for paul to get back to me to give me the ok to use the colour scheme and logo for blesta within the app.

• 1 month later...

Any update on this?  I think it would be fantastic to get something like this on the Android. :) 

Also, if/when Blesta Boostraps, is this going to change things or are you doing all this through API Calls? 

One thing I can tell you is I don't know if I would pay a monthly fee for the app/plugin.  But, I know I'd be down for a one/off payment.   There is a company called Digital Ocean which I have used in the past (and still do to a point), that a person made a plugin for their system using the API's.  The developer charged something like $3.99 and it does come in handy for rebooting a server, building a new one etc...

Just something to ponder in your price models. :)

Hi

Thanks for your reply and the application will be designed on the API completely and I'm working on making the custom design ones to share some common code so makes it easier for updating each version of the applications work with the newer versions of blesta but also keeping in mind that some customers run a older version blesta.

Would people prefer a one of cost instead of the monthly payments and also would application to work via a ssl install or keep it open to non ssl installations as well.

More feedback would be really helpful as I've just started work on an android version working with a 3.1 for starters.

Hi

Thanks for your feedback when it comes to multi company installs would you people want a plugin that pulls the invoice logo over to the application or have a different built application for each company.

As their will be an addon for each install to allow each application to check for an ssl and what features are enabled and disabled.