Solusvm Module Without Password

Alex Vojacek

Question

Everything is working fine with SolusVM but I am having the problem that after the client has the VPS active, the solusvm module creates the user with a blank password and the user can't enter into the solusvm panel for itself because there is no password.

I'm using the service.solusvm_password  tag but the welcome e-mail comes with all data except the this field which came blank.

Is there anything I did wrong?

7 answers to this question

The tag should be {service.solusvm_password} in the Welcome email template. The module re-uses an existing SolusVM account for each client, so the first time you create a service for a client, the password will be available, but for additional services, it is not. For example, if you add another SolusVM service to a client that already has one, then the existing SolusVM account is used, and the module does not know the password that was created for a previous service, and even if it did, it may have changed.

Usually for cases like this, we setup the email template to say something similar to:

{% if service.solusvm_password %}
Password: {service.solusvm_password}
{% else %}
Your password is the same as your previous SolusVM service.
{% endif %}

Everything is working fine with SolusVM but I am having the problem that after the client has the VPS active, the solusvm module creates the user with a blank password and the user can't enter into the solusvm panel for itself because there is no password.

I'm using the service.solusvm_password  tag but the welcome e-mail comes with all data except the this field which came blank.

Is there anything I did wrong?

Try package.solusvm_password

That tag is not present on the list of tags, still, I added and now it won't provision correctly,  am I going insane?.  The service is up, but the welcome email never comes !

Tags:

• {client.id} {client.id_code} {client.first_name} {client.last_name} {pricing.term} {pricing.period} {pricing.currency} {pricing.price} {pricing.setup_fee} {pricing.cancel_fee} {module.host} {module.port} {service.solusvm_vserver_id} {service.solusvm_console_user} {service.solusvm_console_password} {service.solusvm_hostname} {service.solusvm_main_ip_address} {service.solusvm_internal_ip} {service.solusvm_extra_ip_addresses} {service.solusvm_node} {service.solusvm_username} {service.solusvm_password} {service.solusvm_plan} {service.solusvm_root_password} {service.solusvm_template} {service.solusvm_type} {service.solusvm_virt_id} {service.solusvm_vnc_ip} {service.solusvm_vnc_port} {service.solusvm_vnc_password}

When I try to manually activate the service on the panel,  I receive this:

Oh noes!

unexpected character in filters : "=" at 865 on line 233 in /home/web/clients/vendors/h2o/h2o/parser.php 

Printing Stack Trace:
#0 /home/web/clients/vendors/h2o/h2o/parser.php(114): ArgumentLexer->parse()
#1 /home/web/clients/vendors/h2o/h2o/parser.php(75): H2o_Parser::parseArguments('

When I try to manually activate the service on the panel,  I receive this:

Oh noes!

unexpected character in filters : "=" at 865 on line 233 in /home/web/clients/vendors/h2o/h2o/parser.php 

Printing Stack Trace:

#0 /home/web/clients/vendors/h2o/h2o/parser.php(114): ArgumentLexer->parse()

#1 /home/web/clients/vendors/h2o/h2o/parser.php(75): H2o_Parser::parseArguments('

This would be why the email does not get sent. Some tag filter is incorrect. If you still have this issue, you can paste your email template content here and we can see where the issue lies.