Editor Bug?

EidolonHost

So I'm typing in text and occasionally pasting text into one of the Universal Module sections. And I paste some text into the editor under Text mode, then switch back to HTML mode.

The text disappeared. I tried this in several different screens and it appears to affect any screen that has the HTML/Text tabs to switch from one to the other.

Type any text into the Text mode area, or paste text into that area. Switch to HTML mode in the WYSIWYG editor, and you'll notice it is blank.

Installed Version 3.0.6

cPanel server with Litespeed as the web server.

Any additional information needed, please do let me know.

Not sure I understand. The text and html tabs are 2 separate fields. If you type in one, then switch to the other, the text you just typed will not be displayed because it's under the other tab.

Are you saying that when you type in one of the fields, switch tabs, then switch back, the text is gone? This shouldn't happen anywhere, and I don't experience it.

Not sure I understand. The text and html tabs are 2 separate fields. If you type in one, then switch to the other, the text you just typed will not be displayed because it's under the other tab.

Are you saying that when you type in one of the fields, switch tabs, then switch back, the text is gone? This shouldn't happen anywhere, and I don't experience it.

Yup.

Basically, what I do is input text into the Text mode tab, then switch back to HTML tab in the editor.

The expected behaviour was to have the text also appear in the HTML tab, so that if you needed to edit the way the text looked like... for example, such as inserting a link to something, you'd want to temporarily switch to the Text tab to add the <a href="exampledomain.com/tos-example.php">example tos</a> bit and have it appear as a clickable example tos link.

But for whatever reason, this does not work as I would expect it to.

The expected behaviour was to have the text also appear in the HTML tab, so that if you needed to edit the way the text looked like... for example, such as inserting a link to something, you'd want to temporarily switch to the Text tab to add the <a href="exampledomain.com/tos-example.php">example tos</a> bit and have it appear as a clickable example tos link.

But for whatever reason, this does not work as I would expect it to.

That's not how it's designed. The text and the HTML tabs, as Tyson said, serve completely different purposes. Text is intended for text only, not HTML. Perhaps you're confusing HTML source with text. To edit the HTML source of the HTML content click the Source button in the WYSIWYG editor.

Closing as not a bug.