Bacula4Hosts, Cartika And Blesta Integrations

EidolonHost

I was talking with Cartika with regards to their Bacula4Hosts system where service providers could use their self-hosted service for storing backups and restoring them as needed.

Cartika-Andrew informed me that there were several users that already had integrated Bacula4Hosts via their API, but that there wasn't a module per-se specifically created for their Bacula4Hosts system.

Cartika-Andrew also indicated to me that they'd reached out to Blesta for discussions and possibly working together with regards to creating a module for Blesta, due to the fact that Cartika heavily uses Hostbill for their integrations.

My question then is — would there be interest from others with regards for a Bacula4Hosts module and/or CommandLayer support?

The only issue, of course is providing a development environment for Cartika's use in creating such a module for those of us who might want to use CommandLayer in addition to using Bacula4Hosts to provide self-service back-up and restore.

We don't personally have a development environment we can provide to Cartika for that goal as of yet... but we most likely will soon.

backups of? Blesta? Just use R1soft for cPanel if you use it which backups everything. So I wouldn't use it myself, and I wouldn't make an account with them either, I don't want my information on a system which is known for exploitable, which is why I don't use any providers with WHM** unless I really need to with a different password / paypal gateway just incase something did happen.

backups of? Blesta? Just use R1soft for cPanel if you use it which backups everything.

Not just Blesta, but you know, the ability to do snapshots and BMR.

I'm interested in using Bacula4Hosts for the ability to do BMRs and the ability to do snapshots for customers.

R1soft was something I was looking into but their responses have me considering carefully which backup solution I'd go with.

Right now though, we don't really have a backup system in place... for anything except our own billing system and VPS servers because we are not selling shared nor reseller hosting. At least, for now, because I've been restructuring the company's way of doing things and I decided we should pull out of the shared and reseller market until we had proper infrastructure in place to do everything we wanted to do, and do it well.

As it is, we are offering VPS and Dedicated Servers, for the time being. We haven't had customers request that we implement some sort of backups system for them yet... but I foresee a time where that will happen and I want to have some sort of solution that integrates into our billing system ready for that.

The fact that I'm leaning towards Bacula4Hosts is because of their response and enthusiasm for working with me and others. I like resting easy knowing that if I have an issue with Bacula, I can talk to Cartika/Bacula4Hosts and get a speedy answer as I need them.