Plugin Bug: "phpids" (ver 1.8.0)

joshin

PHP incompatibility warning -  Deprecated function "get_magic_quotes_gpc"

general.NOTICE: E_DEPRECATED: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated {"code":8192,"message":"Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated","file":"/***/htdocs/plugins/phpids/lib/IDS/Monitor.php","line":325}

general.NOTICE: E_DEPRECATED: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated {"code":8192,"message":"Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated","file":"/***/htdocs/plugins/phpids/lib/IDS/Monitor.php","line":329}

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, joshin said:

PHP 7.4.x deprecated the function and adding the warning.

I'm currently running 7.4.27, but it's been there for a while.

I created this task so we can update PHPIDS for PHP 8 https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-4588 however, a deprecation warning should not cause any actual problems, unless you have errorReporting or debugging enabled in /config/blesta.php errorReporting should be set to "0", debugging, false.

If you are seeing this in the logs, but everything is working fine, then there's nothing to worry about.

Hi Paul,

I'm aware of the difference between a deprecation warning and an actual error I should worry about. That's why there were 28 releases to PHP 7.4 before I got around to commenting about it here. :)

I'll worry come December when PHP 7.4 is no longer supported.

Thanks for adding it to the list. ??

-Josh