Stripe error with Blesta 5.2.2 depricated array_key

Jason

Question

Customers are getting an error message when paying through Stripe. I only started having this issue after upgrading to Blesta 5.2.2. Not sure that has anything to do with it, but I did upgrade recently.

The error log says, ""array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead";}"

Anyone else having this issue?

6 answers to this question

I think I may have found the issue. My hosting provider, in trying to diagnose another problem in Blesta, had turned on debugging. I turned it off and did a test run and I think it is working correctly now.
Not sure why turning on debugging would stop the payment process from working, but I think that was the issue.

Appreciate your help!!

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Customers are getting an error message when paying through Stripe. I only started having this issue after upgrading to Blesta 5.2.2. Not sure that has anything to do with it, but I did upgrade recently.

The error log says, ""array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead";}"

Anyone else having this issue?

Are you using Stripe or Stripe Payments and did you switch/migrate from Stripe to Stripe Payments? What version of Blesta did you upgrade from? Are the errors occurring with only new or only existing payment accounts, or both? What version of PHP are you running and did you change it, or change anything else on the server recently?

25 minutes ago, Paul said:

Are you using Stripe or Stripe Payments and did you switch/migrate from Stripe to Stripe Payments? What version of Blesta did you upgrade from? Are the errors occurring with only new or only existing payment accounts, or both? What version of PHP are you running and did you change it, or change anything else on the server recently?

Thanks.

I am using Stripe Payments (not a migration from the previous Stripe version).

Version of Blesta is 5.2.2, I believe I upgraded from 5.1.x.

Errors occur with existing accounts. It may happen with new accounts too, but it is happening on accounts that have paid via stripe in the past.

I am unaware of any changes with the PHP 7.4 settings (although it is possible that something was adjusted - e.g. I am on a managed VPS).
--Jason

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Thanks.

I am using Stripe Payments (not a migration from the previous Stripe version).

Version of Blesta is 5.2.2, I believe I upgraded from 5.1.x.

Errors occur with existing accounts. It may happen with new accounts too, but it is happening on accounts that have paid via stripe in the past.

I am unaware of any changes with the PHP 7.4 settings (although it is possible that something was adjusted - e.g. I am on a managed VPS).
--Jason

There is an issue with the Stripe API library in PHP 7.4 for Blesta versions < 5.3.0. I would recommend rolling back your PHP version to 7.3 and see if the issue persists. After the final release of Blesta 5.3, you can switch PHP back to 7.4.

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think I may have found the issue. My hosting provider, in trying to diagnose another problem in Blesta, had turned on debugging. I turned it off and did a test run and I think it is working correctly now.
Not sure why turning on debugging would stop the payment process from working, but I think that was the issue.

Appreciate your help!!

Ah, very good! Yes, errorReporting and debugging in /config/blesta.php should never be left on, only enabled temporarily to diagnose an issue. Good catch!