Affiliate system functionality?

TheNightOwl

Question

I am trying to learn more about the affiliate system and the logic behind how it works.

I started out by searching the documentation, but only found the Order System documentation page that discusses how to set the system up, but not how it's supposed to function. 

So I searched the forum here, and found this almost two year old thread that doesn't have any answers.

I searched YouTube thinking maybe someone has created a video overview of the affiliate system, but came up empty.

From what I read though, it does seem like the system tracks affiliate commissions -- but then affiliates just have to remember to request a payout whenever they want? So an affiliate could request a payout every day (as long as they meet the thresholds) or once every ten years?

I have some questions:

• Is there a way for me to see how much I owe and to whom? 
  • Is there a way I can generate a list of affiliates who've met the thresholds and then just pay them once a month?
  • The payout method seems to be just a label -- is there a place for the affiliate to tell me what their payout method username (like Venmo handle, for example) is?

Thank you very much for your time and help figuring out how this system will fit into my existing workflow. (I have another affiliate system that is setup to generate a payout report on the 15th of every month. The system collects the payout method info on signup and every month, I just open the report and pay everybody to whom I owe money.

3 answers to this question

20 hours ago, TheNightOwl said:

Is there a way for me to see how much I owe and to whom? 

When affiliates reach the minimum payout amount you set, they can request a payout. The payout request would be available under Clients > Affiliates > Payouts.

Is there a way I can generate a list of affiliates who've met the thresholds and then just pay them once a month?

Not currently, but the current version of the affiliate system is the initial release for the most part and we are open to adding additional features and improvements. You can make a request at https://requests.blesta.com for a specific feature

The payout method seems to be just a label -- is there a place for the affiliate to tell me what their payout method username (like Venmo handle, for example) is?

You can create whatever payout methods you want, so yes, Venmo would be an option. Payouts are made manually after you receive a payout request. To add payout methods, go to Clients > Affiliates > Payment Methods and add 1 or more options.

On 7/8/2022 at 3:00 PM, Paul said:

Payouts are made manually after you receive a payout request. To add payout methods, go to Clients > Affiliates > Payment Methods and add 1 or more options.

What I am understanding then is that clients will just have to remember to request their payouts, right? Of course... I could send a monthly email to remind them to do this... Hmmm.

Thank you very much for the insight, Paul!

2 hours ago, TheNightOwl said:

What I am understanding then is that clients will just have to remember to request their payouts, right? Of course... I could send a monthly email to remind them to do this... Hmmm.

Thank you very much for the insight, Paul!

Yes, they would be able to request a payout when their balance meets your minimum requirement for a payout for matured funds. This is pretty common to have them make the request. In the future we may tie in an outbound payment option(s), after which automatic payouts might be a good feature.