Custom Field & Order Forms

10RUPTiV

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not able to duplicate this issue. Read only works fine for me. What browser are you using? Does it support the 'disabled' attribute on input fields? Are you sure you're viewing the correct order form for the client group for which you setup the read only custom field?

Tyson,

Not sure if it's resolv in 3.1 but I just re-test this morning with 3.1 and works fine.

The only thing I will add, it's the custom field is set to visible to client and read only.  I think that visible to client and read only need to be hidden in the registration form.  Client will try to write something and will probably tell us they can't fill the form correctly without knowing the field is for us not them!

Part of being "Visible to Client" means that they should see it. The distinction that they should not see it on the client registration order form if it is disabled may not be what most people expect. I'd be curious to hear what people think about this, or if it's preferred to have a new setting to make that distinction. I'd recommend opening a feature request for this.

As for the original bug report, I'm going to close this thread as not a bug.