Ability To Import Backups Via Ui

velaware

You're able to generate backups but not restore them via Blesta.  While it is possible for most(?) that use Blesta to log in to the server, run mysqldump to import (or some other tool), not everyone can get to the CLI (if you're using Blesta on a shared account, for example).

There should be an option in the Backups section to also restore from backup, especially since all that's generated is a SQL dump.

You're able to generate backups but not restore them via Blesta.  While it is possible for most(?) that use Blesta to log in to the server, run mysqldump to import (or some other tool), not everyone can get to the CLI (if you're using Blesta on a shared account, for example).

There should be an option in the Backups section to also restore from backup, especially since all that's generated is a SQL dump.

Yes they allow you to generate backups like on other systems, however like other systems, you can't restore the database, I suppose that stops un-authorized people who manage to get on that page mucking up the installation. You only need to go PhpMyAdmin.

Yes they allow you to generate backups like on other systems, however like other systems, you can't restore the database, I suppose that stops un-authorized people who manage to get on that page mucking up the installation. You only need to go PhpMyAdmin.

That's assuming you have phpMyAdmin installed and configured.  I don't because it'd just be sitting there using up space all the time.  You could also use Adminer but again, it'd just be sitting there using up space.  If you have access to mysqldump and can generate backups then there's no reason why you couldn't also use the same tool to import backups as well.

I can see the point of stopping unauthorized people but if they can get in to upload a backup I think you have more pressing issues to concern yourself with.

This would make for a really good plugin *hint hint*.

I'm not sure this is something we will build into the core, because for those with large databases it could time out part way through, lock them out and generally screw up everything. It's much better to restore via CLI.

mysql -u username -p database_name < database.sql