Bitpay - How Does This Work?

medfordite

Question

I set up an account with Bitpay, enabled the module, and doing some testing - I hit the pay with Bitpay button and it didn't go anywhere after a short bit of activity in a page load or traffic going outbound.

Since I don't have any bitcoins to play with, I wasn't able to see if this would at least go there to let me know it was working.

Does the system go in and send an API call to bitpay and upon clearing, it posts payment invisibly?  I am assuming that the bitpay module goes by the logged in e-mail address as well?

Also, does the plugin convert to BTC from the default currency?  I didn't see it change so that piqued my curiosity as well. ;)

3 answers to this question

When a client clicks the button to go to BitPay, the gateway first makes a remote request, and then redirects the client to BitPay. If the remote request fails, or the account credentials are invalid (probably what happened), then nothing would appear to happen. You may want to check your Gateway Logs for more info.