Log For Email Invoice Due Uses Text Template, Email Uses Html

dgerman

Question

I modified the template for :Invoice Delivery (Unpaid) removing the "Hi ... and if you would like...".

The sent email correctly reflects the revised template.

It SEEMS that the tools/logs/email summary incorrectly displays using the original template, 

which I can not find now.

Can you verify that? (I can't believe it myself)

++++++++++++++++++++++

tools/log/email summary:

Hi Dennis, An invoice has been create...

Clicking on it displays:

Hi Dennis,

An invoice has been created for your account and is attached to this email in PDF format.

Invoice #: 1022

If you would like us to automatically charge your card,

++++++++++++++++++++++

Actual email was:

Invoice #: 1022  is attached to this email in PDF format.

If you have any questions about your invoice, please contact your Auto Dealer Verifications Services representative.

4 answers to this question

The email logs are template-independent. They only show the email as it was sent at the time it was sent. If you change an email template, the email logs don't change, but if you send an email with the updated email template, that email content will be shown in the log as written.

The only thing that might appear off is the difference between HTML and text versions of the email. The email log will always show the text version of the email unless there is none, in which case it will convert the HTML version to text and show that instead. This is for display purposes only. Resending the email will still send it as it was written in HTML/text.

Whether it is a mistake largely depends on the mail application used by those you've sent the email to. Most every mail app displays the HTML version of an email while the Text version is the backup, in case HTML cannot be rendered. I think it makes sense to have the HTML and Text versions of an email template as similar as possible.