Idera Backup System

Michael

I think it would be cool to have a Idera module where you can connect it up to Blesta and be able to sell Idera backup space, etc all via Blesta. Maybe a option to add it as a addon service to webhosting products so they can manage their files straight from Blesta without logging into the system directly, by that I mean:

How much space used, when the next backup is, etc.

API: http://wiki.r1soft.com/display/CDP3/API+Documentation

Ah man, I remember using R1Soft.

I tried doing something similar in 2.5 when I was working on my own backup service.  Depending how you want it structured is the issue.

For example, I was going to do a charge-by-GB, which pay-as-you-go isn't very friendly in Blesta, at least when I last tried to establish something.  If you're charging a flat rate then it'd be easy, though.

Can you point me to their backup solution?  Their website is making my early-monrning-wake-up brain hurt a lot, and it doesn't seem like they do that anymore.  If they offer a trial or something I'd be happy to see what I can do.

http://www.idera.com/productssolutions/serverbackup/serverbackupserviceproviders

They do have a free trial. We use R1Soft pretty extensively. They have had their issues, but they have worked most of them out and it's generally a pretty good product.

The API doc page doesn't seem to show much functionality. I've thought in the past about creating a plugin widget for Blesta, that I could install on my dashboard to show me the status of all servers being backed up, and whether any backups have failed.. but I have no idea if that information is available through their API. Last I checked, their API docs were pretty terrible.