Mariadb Support?

velaware

Question

MariaDB is a drop-in replacement for MySQL but offers tremendous improvements in performance and speed (based on their website).  As MariaDB is a fork of MySQL I'm curious if Blesta will run on it without any issues?

If no one knows I'd be happy to test this on my dev platform and report my results.

8 answers to this question

As a little bit more info, MariaDB's fork of InnoDB (the engine type Blesta uses for the database) called XtraDB recognizes itself as InnoDB (https://mariadb.com/kb/en/about-xtradb/) but you can also use the original InnoDB as well via plugin.  So, as an outsider looking in it seems like MariaDB could in fact be a suitable replacement for those running Blesta on a low-end server (i.e.: low-end VPS).

There are a couple members on the forum that have made posts regarding MariaDB, and have it setup for Blesta with minor difficulty. They've run into a few issues that have since been resolved, but there could still be other issues with the system running on MariaDB vs MySQL. We can't provide much support for MariaDB users, though, as we have no test environment for it.