Several Questions

flangefrog

Question

I'm looking at using Blesta for my hosting company I'm launching soon. I have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to set up multiple registrars and choose which registrar each tld will be registered with?
  2. Also can different nameservers be set by default for each registrar when doing the above?
  3. Is there any way to give a free domain with the purchase of an annual hosting plan?

If I choose to use Blesta I will be integrating several services/products

• Xero (accounting)
  • Webdrive (NZ domains)
  • TPPWholesale or Ghandi? (gTLD domains)
  • Comodo? (SSL certs)
  • Freshdesk (Tickets, forums, chat, knowledgebase)
  • Coinjar (bitcoin payments)
  • Swipe HQ (NZ recurring credit card payments)
  • Paypal express checkout (think that's the one, recurring payments via API)

3 answers to this question

I'm looking at using Blesta for my hosting company I'm launching soon. I have a few questions:

• Is it possible to set up multiple registrars and choose which registrar each tld will be registered with?
  • Also can different nameservers be set by default for each registrar when doing the above?
  • Is there any way to give a free domain with the purchase of an annual hosting plan?

Welcome to the community, 

1) You can only use one module however you might be able to use more than one if you have like .com (Logicboxes) and then .com (Nother registrar).

2) You can set nameservers on the domain package. eg: .COM (ns1.domain.com & ns2.domain.com) .NET (ns3.domain.com & ns4.domain.com)

3) There isn't yet however you could do a promotion code for yearly plans.

If I choose to use Blesta I will be integrating several services/products

• Xero (accounting)
  • Webdrive (NZ domains)
  • TPPWholesale or Ghandi? (gTLD domains)
  • Comodo? (SSL certs)
  • Freshdesk (Tickets, forums, chat, knowledgebase)
  • Coinjar (bitcoin payments)
  • Swipe HQ (NZ recurring credit card payments)
  • Paypal express checkout (think that's the one, recurring payments via API)

Xero (Not yet)

WebDrive (Not yet)

TPPWholesale and Ghandi (Not yet and Not yet)

Comodo SSLs (You can via GoGetSSL or TheSSLStore)

FreshDesk (Not yet, you can ask them direct)

CoinJar (Not yet, but you could try BitPay)

Swipe (Not yet, but you could try Stripe)

PayPal Express Checkout (Not yet but Blesta supports PayPal and PayPal Pro)

Hope this helps. Feel free to open a feature request for items you need and maybe if enough votes are got, the guys might add them to their list, but the guys will know more about this to help you.

Welcome to the community, 

1) You can only use one module however you might be able to use more than one if you have like .com (Logicboxes) and then .com (Nother registrar).

2) You can set nameservers on the domain package. eg: .COM (ns1.domain.com & ns2.domain.com) .NET (ns3.domain.com & ns4.domain.com)

3) There isn't yet however you could do a promotion code for yearly plans.

Xero (Not yet)

WebDrive (Not yet)

TPPWholesale and Ghandi (Not yet and Not yet)

Comodo SSLs (You can via GoGetSSL or TheSSLStore)

FreshDesk (Not yet, you can ask them direct)

CoinJar (Not yet, but you could try BitPay)

Swipe (Not yet, but you could try Stripe)

PayPal Express Checkout (Not yet but Blesta supports PayPal and PayPal Pro)

Hope this helps. Feel free to open a feature request for items you need and maybe if enough votes are got, the guys might add them to their list, but the guys will know more about this to help you.

Thanks for the answers

1. I thought as much regarding the multiple registrars. One radio for NZ and the other for gTLDs could work.  I might see if I could develop a page where you can add each domain and select which registrar would be used for each like boxbilling has.
  2. Ok, that seems fine
  3. That would probably be alright as well

Regarding all those modules/plugins I mentioned, I would be developing them myself (won't get all of them done before I start). I do similar stuff as an OpenCart dev. I'll have a look at the SSL stores mentioned.

Multiple domain registrars can be used, with different TLDs going to different registrars.

This is all set up on the package level. When you add a package, you select the module and what TLDs the package applies to. Then, you add your domain packages to a package group. During checkout, all TLDs valid across all packages within the group are available for order. The order system determines which package to use for the TLD being registered, which in turn determines the module.

Just to add -- in the future, when we release the registrar plugin, a pricing matrix will be available. That will simplify the current method of having to have a new package for virtually each TLD (Or at least TLDs where the pricing needs to be different).