Package Options - "one Of The Configurable Options Selected Is Not Valid For The Service"

FRH Dave

Question

It's been a while since I've played around with the options, but I'm getting a little confused on how the add-ons work.

I've created three basic packages and configured the corresponding cPanel module.  Each package has pricing for 1-, 3-, and 6-month terms and a 1-year term.  The cPanel module correctly pulls the package names from the server and the package itself appears to behave as expected.  I want to be able to create an additional service called "SSH Access".  For the sake of example I'll be manually provisioning this feature on each order, so I'm not concerned with passing this additional data to cPanel.

If I add an option for "SSH Access" (a checkbox), two unexpected results happen:

1) No matter what combination I select the options with, the order form returns the error "One of the configurable options selected is not valid for the service".  I've confirmed that the options are all in my "Accelerated Web Hosting" group, and the package is set to use the option.

2) The checkbox toggles itself.  Let's say in step 1 of the ordering process I select a 3-month term.  When I proceed to step 2, the SSH checkbox is checked.  But if I change the term, it un-checks itself.  If I change the term again, it re-checks itself.  This process can be repeated indefinitely and I can always manually check or un-check the option.

Thinking that the options don't work the way I assumed they did, I tried creating SSH Access as an add-on.  This works, but not as expected:

1) Step1:  I select my plan with a 3-month term

2) Step2:  I add my domain name and select 3 months of SSH access

3) Step2:  The next page shows only the SSH access add-on, and lets me change the term

What I was expecting is that Step 2 would show the options and allow me to proceed to the order review step.  Failing that, I was expecting Step 2 to show the add-on plans, with the next step being the order review.  Instead, I'm getting a sort of Step 2.5 that has me re-select the SSH payment term.

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong, so let me ask this:

What is the proper way to add an option to a cPanel hosting package in Blesta, preferably so that the term for the option matches the term for the package?

8 answers to this question

It sounds like you have tried setting up the SSH option via a Configurable Option, and also as an Addon. This should probably be a Configurable Option only, and not an Addon.

If I understand right, the checkbox would toggle itself during checkout as a Configurable Option. This doesn't sound right, but it does make me wonder if the option is fully configured.

Edit the Configurable Option under Package > Options > Options link. Within the Options section, there should be a Name and Value. Both of these must be configured, and a pricing term must be set, even if the price is 0.00. A price term must be set for your 1, 3, 6 month and 1 year terms in order for the option to be visible for each term. If you only want the SSH checkbox to appear for 1 year terms, you can just enter a 1 Year price for the option, for example.

If that doesn't work, maybe you can post (or email me sales@) a screenshot of your configurable option settings for this item.

Okay - that took care of the checkbox option.  Now I've run into a different problem.

When I create a dropdown containing four options, it only shows the very last dropdown entry.  The price is correct and correctly matches the term, but it doesn't show any of the other options.  Is this intended behavior?  I assumed that if I created:

10 Mb/s - $2.99

20 Mb/s - $9.99

50 Mb/s - $29.99

It would let the user choose from any of the above.  Instead, it only shows "50 Mb/s - $29.99".

Okay - that took care of the checkbox option.  Now I've run into a different problem.

When I create a dropdown containing four options, it only shows the very last dropdown entry.  The price is correct and correctly matches the term, but it doesn't show any of the other options.  Is this intended behavior?  I assumed that if I created:

10 Mb/s - $2.99

20 Mb/s - $9.99

50 Mb/s - $29.99

It would let the user choose from any of the above.  Instead, it only shows "50 Mb/s - $29.99".

post-1-0-48483600-1395260919_thumb.png

It should show all three. Do you have a different value for each item in the drop down? Take a look at this screenshot, it's an example of a drop down for IP addresses which correctly shows 3 items in the drop down.

Nope, I left the value blank.  I figured since the module (SolusVM) isn't passing that to the master server anyway, no point entering it.  But I'll try that and see if it works!

EDIT:  It did!  Thanks!

Awesome! Maybe we should do error checking on those pesky value fields.. :)

Now that I've got a better understanding of the options, I'm still puzzled as to why some of my checkboxes toggle themselves on at checkout.  I'm still trying to come up with some better logic here, but it's definitely a toggle and not "on when this specific action happens".  Right now my order form has a checkbox, slider, checkbox, and dropdown, in that order.

A user selects this package and gets the options screen, with checkbox #2 selected and #1 unselected.  The user clicks checkbox #2 to de-select it.  The user changes the price to any other pricing term, and checkbox #1 toggles itself.  Changing the price again to any tier will toggle checkbox #1, and this can be repeated indefinitely.  Checkbox #2 never toggles itself again.

EDIT:  While testing this, I noticed that the options are appearing in random order within their group.

Edited by FRH Dave

Is it public? Can you PM me the link?

The options are sortable within option groups, not sure why they would appear randomly.. haven't had any other complaints about that as far as I know.

The toggling of checkboxes I could see potentially happening if they have the same name as another field. That's where I would look.

Happy to take a look at it if you want to send me a link though.