Cannot Add Services In A Way That Involves Multiple Services To The Same Invoice, Affects Add-Ons

ExelionLLC

I noticed this as well. If I had two services that renewed on the same date I wold rather it send them one invoice with multiple items on it.  Or if I create a single invoice and set it to ship on a day when another invoice is set to ship I would like to be able to send these as a single invoice.

I can see the reason for not doing this as well but maybe have the option when you create invoices for them to be eligible to batch together or not.

Services that renew on the same day, and are hence billed on the same day, automatically appear on the same invoice.

In the case of adding multiple services as an admin to a client account, you have the option when adding the service under "Invoice Method" to add the line item to an existing invoice, if there are any open invoices. If there are no open invoices you can choose to create an invoice, or not create an invoice when adding the service.

So for the 1st service, I'd select "Create Invoice", the default option. Then, on subsequent services you may choose to add it to this existing invoice.

Services that renew on the same day, and are hence billed on the same day, automatically appear on the same invoice.

In the case of adding multiple services as an admin to a client account, you have the option when adding the service under "Invoice Method" to add the line item to an existing invoice, if there are any open invoices. If there are no open invoices you can choose to create an invoice, or not create an invoice when adding the service.

So for the 1st service, I'd select "Create Invoice", the default option. Then, on subsequent services you may choose to add it to this existing invoice.

Line items wouldn't work right in the case of, say, using the noc-ps module which automates things in a rather... interesting way.

Edit: And that still doesn't cover add-on items.

Line items wouldn't work right in the case of, say, using the noc-ps module which automates things in a rather... interesting way.

Edit: And that still doesn't cover add-on items.

Addons that renew at the same time as their parent services, appear on the same invoice with them. Can you tell me more about the noc-ps module and how it automates things? I guess I don't understand the issue.

Addons that renew at the same time as their parent services, appear on the same invoice with them. Can you tell me more about the noc-ps module and how it automates things? I guess I don't understand the issue.

I might be using noc-ps wrong, but I have it setup that I do dedicated servers via noc-ps as a standard group, and additional IPv4 blocks are using universal module in an add-on group (with the dedicated server group as the parent group) (the IPv4 blocks are setup manually, btw).

My IPv4 block packages do not appear anywhere that I can select when manually adding services. Its not a problem of "they all appear on the same invoice"... its a problem of I can't add them to a user at all, they don't appear anywhere in the admin UI.

My IPv4 block packages do not appear anywhere that I can select when manually adding services. Its not a problem of "they all appear on the same invoice"... its a problem of I can't add them to a user at all, they don't appear anywhere in the admin UI.

If you have them set up as addons, they should belong to an addon package group, assigned to a parent group that has your noc-ps packages as members. This would cause the IP packages to be available addons during order for clients, and staff through the client profile add service option.

Though, it might be better to use configurable options introduced in 3.1 for IPs instead.. it fits better than an addon. Additionally, if the noc-ps module expects the configurable option field name you create for it, noc-ps could provision the server with the additional IPs automatically.

If you have them set up as addons, they should belong to an addon package group, assigned to a parent group that has your noc-ps packages as members. This would cause the IP packages to be available addons during order for clients, and staff through the client profile add service option.

Though, it might be better to use configurable options introduced in 3.1 for IPs instead.. it fits better than an addon. Additionally, if the noc-ps module expects the configurable option field name you create for it, noc-ps could provision the server with the additional IPs automatically.

It is setup exactly as you described.

Manually adding services, thus, does not allow me to add addons because I cannot select multiple items to add, and they do not appear by themselves to add.

noc-ps does not yet support automatic assigning of additional IP blocks. It can assign IPs to a machine on OS install, but those are statically set per machine.

BTW, I originally had added these as options, and it seemed inappropriate. IP Blocks are added to the user, not the machine, but you require at least one machine to order a block of IPs.

The ideal setup, I think, would be to have blocks of IP not be an add-on or option, but require users to already have at least one machine (either already owned or in the shopping cart) as the only constraint. There seems to be no easy to allow existing customers to add and remove blocks of IPs.

Also, add-ons have another slight possible bug: if you have multiple pricing term lengths, add-ons and their parent item in the shopping cart do not synchronize.

And another slight bug: There is no way to set the list of choices in an option to either line break each radio option, or just display a drop down list. Having many choices for an option all jammed together on a line doesn't work.

Okay I was wrong about one thing, you CAN choose how options are displayed now. I must have missed this before.

I've removed IPv4s as an add-on package, and I am now trying to do them through a package named "Additional IPv4" with all the different block sizes as options. This seems to work a lot better, however, the Additional IPv4 package has a price of zero (as it just contains options that add to the price).

Is there any way to disable showing a price of $0.00 for packages that are clearly intended to be nothing but option containers?