Selling Hosting Question

Janet

Question

I've seen instructions for setting up to sell shared hosting with automated provisioning, but it all assumes you are setting this up on a server that you control.

Is there a straightforward way to resell hosting? I have namesilo for domains, and eventually figured that out, but their hosting packages aren't in their domain module. 

4 answers to this question

On 3/16/2024 at 6:41 PM, Janet said:

Actually, it doesn't help at all.

I've done that. Domain registration that way works beautifully. But not hosting. 

What control panel are you using for hosting? The typical flow is:

1. Install module Settings > Company > Modules
2. Create Packages 
3. Create Order form Packages > Order Forms

On 3/17/2024 at 11:41 AM, Janet said:

Actually, it doesn't help at all.

I've done that. Domain registration that way works beautifully. But not hosting. 

Short answer: following on from Paul's answer, use an order form of type 'Domain and other'.

Longer less specific answer:

Selling hosting and selling DNS is selling two separate services that are linked by passing on a name. The services can be included in the same order. What links the services is the domain name (specified by the customer OR passed through automatically when using order type 'Domain and other') and the custom name servers (pre specified).

It is not a simple process to set up but it does work. I would not consider it straightforward. But I would consider it appropriate given the complexities of what is involved.