Namecheap Option For Custom Name Servers

dazeck

I've been playing with the namecheap module and a sandbox account.  I've managed to get Blesta to create me some domains, however, Namecheap is ignoring the name server settings that the module asks me for.  This is because the domain is created using default DNS servers and needs to be set as custom.  The API call to do this is setCustom

https://www.namecheap.com/support/api/methods/domains-dns/set-custom.aspx

It would be good to either have an option to set custom name servers or if the name servers are entered into the module then call setcustom 

At the moment I am entering name server details as the module is asking me for them, but they are being ignored.

OK I can set them once the domain becomes a service via the Manage option, so the Module obviously calls setCustom but I think this should also be called on registration of the domain name.

Regards

Darren

Is it that Namecheap is ignoring them, or that Blesta is not setting them correctly? Blesta calls the domain->create API action to set the nameservers when the domain is created.

Can you check the module logs under [Tools] -> [Module Logs] for a log of a new domain registration, and see whether the nameservers are being set properly when passed to Namecheap?

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem as dazeck. Custom nameservers are specified in the Package, but after creating a Service, the domain is registered using Namecheap's default nameservers. Checked the module logs which suggest my custom nameservers aren't being passed in the API request.

I can fix this by editing the newly created Service, clicking Name Servers tab, entering the server names and updating. This is just a work around though, would ideally like to have the nameservers set automatically when a new Namecheap domain Service is created.

The Namecheap update to pass in custom nameservers on service creation will be in v3.3.1. I had an issue with the sandbox failing to create a service due to the custom nameservers, as it appears that unless those nameservers were actually added into the sandbox account, it would fail to add them. A live environment should be fine. Some feedback on your experiences would be great once v3.3.1 is out.

• 2 weeks later...