How Do Users Setup Automatic Payments With Paypal?

gutterboy

Question

11 answers to this question

PayPal subscriptions are just automatic payments, but you are right that they can only be set up for recurring services. I think the client can log into PayPal and manually set up an automatic payment as well.

Well yeah, don't want the recurring kind, was wanting to know how to do it so the client can be directed to paypal to "allow" us to automatically debit their account for fees when need be; I have done this with other sites, you just get directed to Paypal and then agree to the terms and then the company can debit your paypal when they need to.

Was told Blesta supported that but I can't find out how to do it!?

Sorry, Blesta doesn't support that currently. That would only be available with PayPal Express Checkout which would need a new gateway developed.

This is one of the reasons we bought Blesta as we were told it supported it:

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1120-integrating-billing-system-to-existing-site-with-api/

Check my second question.

Unfortunately it looks like they misunderstood your question. Are you able to use an alternative gateway? you would need one listed under Merchant Gateways for what you're wanting.

Well that's pretty inconvenient :( We don't have a merchant account currently so not likely to be able to use anything else, we really need the Paypal Express one I'd say.

I personally don't like the term "Merchant Gateway" because it implies you need to have a merchant account. There are several gateways in that category that don't require you to have your own merchant account and will transfer funds to your bank account within a few days or a week. I don't know much about the included gateways as most aren't available where I live so I'll leave it to someone else to recommend one that works like this.

I personally don't like the term "Merchant Gateway" because it implies you need to have a merchant account. There are several gateways in that category that don't require you to have your own merchant account and will transfer funds to your bank account within a few days or a week. I don't know much about the included gateways as most aren't available where I live so I'll leave it to someone else to recommend one that works like this.

I have been looking into Stripe in the past as it looked awesome, so I went back to the site and had another read; seems they don't require you to have a merchant account at all - they handle everything and all you need to use are them.

I guess we can use them but still would be nice to have the Paypal option for those that would prefer to pay by Paypal.

I have been looking into Stripe in the past as it looked awesome, so I went back to the site and had another read; seems they don't require you to have a merchant account at all - they handle everything and all you need to use are them.

I guess we can use them but still would be nice to have the Paypal option for those that would prefer to pay by Paypal.

Nope you don't need one with Stripe, we use it :). And 60% off our payments go threw Stripe now.