Guest Support, Knowledge Base, Static Pages

Keanu

Question

Hi there,

I should be moving over to Blesta from BoxBilling soon and I have a few questions whilst i'm setting it up. I'm currently using the latest Blesta 3.3.2 and I am also using the Portal front end.

Guest support; the client needs to login to be able to access the support addon on the portal. It doesn't give a register option either. Is there anyway that I can open up a few departments in the support to allow guest support?

Knowledgebase; I have installed this addon, which I found on the forum and downloaded from github. Version 1.1.0 however when I try to link it to the portal, I get a 404 Error. This is the link i'm using: <a href="{client_url}plugin/knowledgebase/"> which seems to be the way it works for all of the others? I believe i've just got the link wrong..

Static Pages; Is there a way to create a static page inside of Blesta which will display essentially like any other page? I'm trying to create a few legal documents pages, however I don't really want them just on blank HTML pages as.. Well, it doesn't look fantastic! 

I'm also unable to locate the register page for clients... Not entirely sure if this is due to me being logged in as an admin, or I may of somehow switched it off in the admin panel by accident, however some support to display it on the portal would be great.

Looking forward to your replies,

Kind Regards,

-Josh

4 answers to this question

Guest support; the client needs to login to be able to access the support addon on the portal. It doesn't give a register option either. Is there anyway that I can open up a few departments in the support to allow guest support?

You go to Support > Departments > Uncheck "Allow only clients to open or reply to tickets"

Knowledgebase; I have installed this addon, which I found on the forum and downloaded from github. Version 1.1.0 however when I try to link it to the portal, I get a 404 Error. This is the link i'm using: <a href="{client_url}plugin/knowledgebase/"> which seems to be the way it works for all of the others? I believe i've just got the link wrong..

Not sure your best of asking in the Plugin thread here: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3121-plugin-knowledge-base-faqs/

If you can wait until the 3.4.0 Beta (Coming soon), you can use the official Knowledgebase. You can see the pre-alpha here: https://licensecart.com/billing/

Static Pages; Is there a way to create a static page inside of Blesta which will display essentially like any other page? I'm trying to create a few legal documents pages, however I don't really want them just on blank HTML pages as.. Well, it doesn't look fantastic!

You can make custom plugins from the Portal script (By editing the contents).

I'm also unable to locate the register page for clients... Not entirely sure if this is due to me being logged in as an admin, or I may of somehow switched it off in the admin panel by accident, however some support to display it on the portal would be great.

You need to make a registration form, Packages > Order form > Create > Type: Client Registration, Order form theme: Standard.

You go to Support > Departments > Uncheck "Allow only clients to open or reply to tickets"

Not sure your best of asking in the Plugin thread here: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3121-plugin-knowledge-base-faqs/

If you can wait until the 3.4.0 Beta (Coming soon), you can use the official Knowledgebase. You can see the pre-alpha here: https://licensecart.com/billing/

You can make custom plugins from the Portal script (By editing the contents).

You need to make a registration form, Packages > Order form > Create > Type: Client Registration, Order form theme: Standard.

Hi Licensecart!

Thank you very much for your quick reply!!

Fixed the support, no idea how the hell I missed that!!

Do you have a rough estimate when the 3.4.0 Beta is coming out? (Is it a matter of weeks or months?)

Is there documentation / a guide for the portal? I'm not entirely sure what i'm doing in there if I'm perfectly honest!! 

No idea how I missed that one too! Thank you very much for your reply. Amazingly helpful!

Looking forward to your reply,

Kind Regards,

-Josh

Thank you very much for your quick reply!!

You're more than welcome mate.

Fixed the support, no idea how the hell I missed that!!

Great :), sometimes you do miss the simplest things in life :D I've been in your shoes before.

Do you have a rough estimate when the 3.4.0 Beta is coming out? (Is it a matter of weeks or months?)

The beta will be out before the new year, I think that's all I can say ;).

Is there documentation / a guide for the portal? I'm not entirely sure what i'm doing in there if I'm perfectly honest!!

It's easier if you know Html, as that's all it is with a few Blesta tags :) you can find out a little bit more about it here mate: http://docs.blesta.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2621971 Please note however the WYSIWYG has been removed on the newest portal to get it working better with Bootstrap.

No idea how I missed that one too! Thank you very much for your reply. Amazingly helpful!

You're welcome and I did a tutorial on our knowledgebase to help others :).

Great :), sometimes you do miss the simplest things in life :D I've been in your shoes before.

Ahh! Doesn't help that i'm ill either! 

The beta will be out before the new year, I think that's all I can say ;).

Fantastic! I thought it was going to be a case of a good few months!!

It's easier if you know Html, as that's all it is with a few Blesta tags :) you can find out a little bit more about it here mate: http://docs.blesta.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2621971 Please note however the WYSIWYG has been removed on the newest portal to get it working better with Bootstrap.

You're welcome and I did a tutorial on our knowledgebase to help others :).

Not sure how I missed that one either. I'm blaming it on being ill fully! Thanks for your support. You're welcome to close this topic if you'd like as all my questions have been answered! 

Thanks again!