Variable Pricing In Universal Module

gunnston

Question

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty new to Blesta and I've been having a blast learning, experimenting, etc...One question came up that I was not able to figure out and I figured this would be the best place to go!

I'm looking to see if there is a way, using the Universal Module, to have a variable cost I can put in when I add a service.  eg. - I develop websites and every now and again, I have to charge a customer for a yearly subscription to a plug-in or program.  There are about a total of 12 product subscriptions I have now, but each subscription is used for one customer so I wouldn't neccessarily like to create a product for each one of these.

I would like to have one Package that is called "Product Subscriptions" and will be able to input a price each time I add the Package as a Service. 

I'm aware I can create a Package and make the price $0.00 and then manually change the price, but I was wondering if there was a way to do it while I was Adding a Service.  

Hope that's not too confusing.  Thanks for the help.  

2 answers to this question

Hey, welcome!

2 options come to mind, both assume that you're setting these up and the client is not ordering it on their own.

1. You can add multiple price points for the same term on the Package. The same Package can have multiple 1 year options with different prices. Then, when adding the service you just select the appropriate one.

2. You can override the price. If you add the service, you can go back in by clicking the "Manage" link, and set a price override. The price override is what the customer will be charged when it renews, regardless of the package price selected. This is a good option if there will be many different price points.

Also, if you use a package price and do not set a price override, keep in mind that changing that price on the package will cause all clients who were created with that price to be affected at their next renewal.

EDIT: One thing to add, if you are going with option #1 above is to make sure the client doesn't have the term change ability, or they can select one of the other terms. This is under Settings > Company > Billing/Payment > Invoice and Charge Options and it's called "Allow Clients to Change Service Terms".