Translation Of Gateway Name

a.daniello

Question

As we discuss in http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4056-changing-paypal-payments-standard-label/, there's a small issue with gateway name.

If i want translate the gateway name (eg. "PayPal Payments Standard" to "Carta di credito con Paypal") in order form and/or in client payment form, i expect that i need to edit gateway language file (eg. components/gateways/nonmerchant/paypal_payments_standard/language/en_us/paypal_payments_standard.php), but this isn't true.

I need edit pdt file with updating php code.

It's so because, for example, the code is $this->Html->_($gateway->name) where $gateway->name is selected by db, and so not traslated.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Your example translates the gateway name into a credit card payment description for PayPal, which it is not designed to support. Gateway names aren't shown in other language translations throughout the system since they're proper names. I think this would be better as a feature request to allow for a separate, translatable, name/description to be used rather than the gateway name, or to store and use the language definition of the name instead.