Payment Gateway Transaction Data

aosoft

Question

Does anyone know if there's a way to change what information is sent to the payment gateway when a credit card transaction is submitted? 

Specifically, we need the client id number, invoice number, and contact email address to be included so it shows up on the email receipt from authorize.net.  Currently, the invoice number shows as somekind of internal number that is not an actual invoice number, and the client id and email address appear to be excluded altogether.  Is there an easy way to fix this, or should I submit a feature request?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

I think the OP is asking about the email sent from Authorize.net, not Blesta.

I think the gateway is only given the payment account details (no email, no client ID), assuming the card is not stored with Authorize.net. However, you may be able to update the gateway to pull in that information and pass it along to Authorize.net.

As for invoice numbers, it's possible to pay multiple invoices at once, so I'm not sure how well that would be displayed in their email.

I think the OP is asking about the email sent from Authorize.net, not Blesta.

I think the gateway is only given the payment account details (no email, no client ID), assuming the card is not stored with Authorize.net. However, you may be able to update the gateway to pull in that information and pass it along to Authorize.net.

As for invoice numbers, it's possible to pay multiple invoices at once, so I'm not sure how well that would be displayed in their email.

Right.  I'm concerned with the data sent to Authorize.Net, as that is what gets stored with them for accounting purposes and emailed to the client in the receipt.  Authorize.net is set to receive client ID, invoice number, and email address.  Our other billing system sends that info to the same Authorize.net account, but it seems that Blesta does not.  I'm not sure how I would 'update the gateway' to accomplish this.  Can you clarify what you mean by that?  Is there any way to change what data Blesta sends to the gateway?

Thanks.