Duplicate Emails In Two Accounts

cloudrck

Question

I had someone attempt to purchase services on two seperate occasions and they created two seperate accounts. But they managed to somehow use the same email address for both accounts. And since the username is the same as the email, I'm not sure how this would work for logging in. Shouldn't Blesta require each account have a unique email address?

4 answers to this question

I had someone attempt to purchase services on two seperate occasions and they created two seperate accounts. But they managed to somehow use the same email address for both accounts. And since the username is the same as the email, I'm not sure how this would work for logging in. Shouldn't Blesta require each account have a unique email address?

I believe it's just the usernames one might have used the email address as the username and another use a custom username. We have a few customers like that, one uses two one for personal and one for business, others forget and are too lazy to use the reset password, so we make one inactive.

The email addresses are identical, and both accounts use the email address as the username? Or are the usernames different (they have to be)?

Blesta allows for the same email address to be used for separate accounts/contacts, but if the email is used as the username, then it must be unique from all other users. The client would have received an error if they tried to create an account with a username that has already been taken.

The email addresses are identical, and both accounts use the email address as the username? Or are the usernames different (they have to be)?

Blesta allows for the same email address to be used for separate accounts/contacts, but if the email is used as the username, then it must be unique from all other users. The client would have received an error if they tried to create an account with a username that has already been taken.

No, I didn't bother to check whether one created a username. I would still think each account required a unique email. Not a big deal I suppose

I imagine it is useful for some to allow the same email address to be used for different contacts as long as it's not for the username since some clients have a single person managing multiple (likely business) accounts, and checking only one email address would be more convenient than multiple. And for me, it is certainly easier during development to manage all of my 'fake' clients.