Blesta For Total Noob?

seomajster

Question

Hi guys

Im looking for billing solution for my company. I dont sell any hosting/server/domain services. I only need something to process orders, auto generate invoices + support desk for my clients.

I dont have any experience with whmcs, blesta and similar software. I will be able (probably) to configure blesta using KB after automated installation (installatron). Thats enough to use blesta without problems? My php, html, mysql knowledge is close to zero and this holds me from buying blesta license.

Thanks for help :)

3 answers to this question

there is no more higher step for using Blesta than with any other website, only thing as being a billing software, there is always a learning curve to understand how create service, price, parameters, etc.

And regarding to know or not php, html or mysql, there is no pre-requisted knowledge to have or obligation to learn it for being able to use Blesta, but if you want to customize deep, it's help, and this is not specific to Blesta but same as any website system (CMS).

Welcome! If you don't need any custom code, then it doesn't matter if you don't have programming experience. You can still customize the colors of the client and admin areas, and change your logo, as well as customize your invoices with your branding.

Install the free trial, and give it a spin. If you have any questions, this forum is a good place to ask them.  :blesta:

If you aren't selling hosting, install and use the Universal Module.

Settings > Modules > Install Universal Module. Create at least 1 product, just requires a name.

Settings > Payment Gateways > Install a payment gateway you want to use and configure it.

Packages > Create a new package using the Universal Module. Set all your pricing, etc.

Packages > Order > Create an order form and add your package group(s) to it. I recommend using the General type, and the boxes or list wizard templates.

Those are the basics for getting started.

Welcome! If you don't need any custom code, then it doesn't matter if you don't have programming experience. You can still customize the colors of the client and admin areas, and change your logo, as well as customize your invoices with your branding.

Install the free trial, and give it a spin. If you have any questions, this forum is a good place to ask them.  :blesta:

If you aren't selling hosting, install and use the Universal Module.

Settings > Modules > Install Universal Module. Create at least 1 product, just requires a name.

Settings > Payment Gateways > Install a payment gateway you want to use and configure it.

Packages > Create a new package using the Universal Module. Set all your pricing, etc.

Packages > Order > Create an order form and add your package group(s) to it. I recommend using the General type, and the boxes or list wizard templates.

Those are the basics for getting started.

I would like to add how to setup support as well as you mentioned you wish to use the support ticketing system as well.

To do this you will need to do the following 

Settings>Plugins>Available>Support Manager

Then as the Plugin will tells you will need to configure yourself and/or staffs as per setup

To do so go to "Support" which will be next your "Tools" and then you will need to add at least one department and staff.

To add a Department do..

Support>Department>Add Department 

To add a Staff do.. 

Support>Staff>Add Staff  

Both will have configurations that you will need to fills out to create them. I hope this helps you out and once you get a hang of it then it should be pretty straight forwarded.