Creating Hidden Packages?

MDHMatt

Question

Hi all,

Maybe I'm being dumb but I cant seem to figure out how to create a hidden package?

What I'm wanting is to be able to make a package that is priced as free but is only assignable by admin to a client ie clients don't see it on the order page and cannot upgrade / downgrade to.

The reason is I'm hosting a website for a family friend but need to just bill them for the domain name as I'm giving them the web space since its just 1 page but want to add this free hosting package to their account so invoices can be generated to put through their accounts and so it can all be cancelled if they don't want it anymore.

Cheers,

Let me know if im not making sence lol

9 answers to this question

You want to make a restricted Package, and then when you want to sign it to a client to order, you go to the left hand side of their client profile and select "Set Packages". Select the package and click save.

Then you can go to Add service and select it from the restricted section on the dropdown box. They will be able to order from the client side soon when Blesta add the feature :).

You want to make a restricted Package, and then when you want to sign it to a client to order, you go to the left hand side of their client profile and select "Set Packages". Select the package and click save.

Then you can go to Add service and select it from the restricted section on the dropdown box. They will be able to order from the client side soon when Blesta add the feature :).

Thanks, now when it comes to adding the package ive already created the site etc within whm and cpanel am i correct in thinking i need to:

1) deselect provision with cpanel

2) enter the domain name

3) enter the existing cpanel username and pass

I dont mind deleting the whm client if needed as im goin to be redoing their site anyway

Thanks, now when it comes to adding the package ive already created the site etc within whm and cpanel am i correct in thinking i need to:

1) deselect provision with cpanel

2) enter the domain name

3) enter the existing cpanel username and pass

I dont mind deleting the whm client if needed as im goin to be redoing their site anyway

Yep the 1, 2 and username is all that's needed :)

The module enforces an 8 character username limit as described in the docs. You may be able to support up to 16 character usernames if 'database prefixes are disabled'.

You can update the module to increase the character limit to 16 if you'd like.

Open /components/modules/cpanel/cpanel.php and find:

'rule' => array("betweenLength", 1, 8),

Change it to

'rule' => array("betweenLength", 1, 16),

and try adding the service in Blesta again.

The module enforces an 8 character username limit as described in the docs. You may be able to support up to 16 character usernames if 'database prefixes are disabled'.

You can update the module to increase the character limit to 16 if you'd like.

Open /components/modules/cpanel/cpanel.php and find:

'rule' => array("betweenLength", 1, 8),

Change it to

'rule' => array("betweenLength", 1, 16),

and try adding the service in Blesta again.

Thanks guys! this worked! Are you planning on updating this? 8 characters seems a bit short for a username and if they support it why not support it also esp if its a quick fix :/