Add New Client, Existing Domain & Website

Frank Hagan

Question

First, I assume that Blesta still does not sync with Reseller Club and import clients and their domains. It didn't the last time I tried to get it working.

So I've been using Blesta for a couple of clients who signed up via Blesta. No problem. Works well. But I can't figure out how to move from my manual system for my current clients to Blesta.

Is there a step by step guide to adding a client and then:

1. Adding their domain  and edit the domain's registration date to match what is in Reseller Club?

I can add a Package for a domain, but it appears if I check the box to Provision it will try to register the domain name. If I don't check the box to Provision it still keeps the date for the registration to the current date, instead of the recurring date the domain actually has. I don't see a way to edit the dates, or get the domain to sync with the actual registration.

1 answer to this question

1. Here Is what I do, If the client you are trying to add already has an account in your RC account then you don't need to worry. Just Go to add service and remove the tick from  'Provision using the module', Automatically It will sync the accounts and the domain can be managed from you Blesta Installation.

2. If the client does not have an account within RC and you wish to connect his/her account with his domain (The domain is in another persons account). Just go to add service, and this time leave the tick on 'provision using the module' when blesta tryies to register the domain it will create the account in RC but will return an error "The domain has already been registered". From there you can move the domain within RC to the newly created account; and after ward you proceed with first step as I explained earlier.

But the above (2) is just my own method. Hope It helps