Can't Record Check Payments

NETLINK

Question

4 answers to this question

There seems to be 2 issues here. 1 is with rounding and floats not matching, and the other is with these lines of code in app/models/transactions.php:

// The total remaining transaction amount is the maximum that amounts can apply
            if (isset($vars['transaction_id']) && ($transaction = $this->get((int)$vars['transaction_id']))) {
                $total = max(0, ($transaction->amount - $transaction->applied_amount));
            }

The problem, as far as I can see, is that when credit is being applied to an invoice, and the total credit amount needed to pay the invoice is the sum of two or more transactions.

For example, the invoice amount is 100.00. A check payment of 90.00 is recorded, and then another check payment of 10.00. The total credit amount is now 100.00, from 2 transactions.

However, the script above only uses the first transaction to determine the max credit amount, which would be 90.00.

I'm using 3.4.4. But a single transaction ID still seems to be getting passed to the verifyApply method in transactions.php when trying to apply credits. When I commented out line 704 in app/models/transactions.php, the payment was applied successfully.

Line 699 to 706:

if ($validate_trans_id) {
            $total = null;

// The total remaining transaction amount is the maximum that amounts can apply
            if (isset($vars['transaction_id']) && ($transaction = $this->get((int)$vars['transaction_id']))) {
                $total = max(0, ($transaction->amount - $transaction->applied_amount));
            }
        }