Configurable Options

Kurogane

I find two bugs in this section

1. In the value field you can't use special character, for example áéíó in the order page not show up and give a error "One of the configurable options selected is not valid for the service".

I'm not sure if is intentional or not but if it then why not show alert you can't use special character

2. In Group Membership, if you have more than one in Member Groups  and move one of those to Available Groups save it  and come back to edit again the option you move not move it's still in Member Groups.

Thanks for the report.

1. In the value field you can't use special character, for example áéíó in the order page not show up and give a error "One of the configurable options selected is not valid for the service".

I'm not sure if is intentional or not but if it then why not show alert you can't use special character

I believe you are using those characters (áéíó) in a config option value of the type "Drop-down" (i.e. a <select> tag), correct? Browsers handle values entered for select options differently than they do other input such that select options are still html encoded when sent back to the application. This HTML encoded version of the value that the browser sends does not match the value stored, which is why you receive the error.

There are a couple ways we could resolve this issue:

1. Decode the select value whenever it needs to be used after POSTed from the browser. This can be difficult is it can effect multiple areas of the system, and requires knowledge of the type of input field each value came from.
  2. Disallow config options of the "Drop-down" type from being able to define characters in an option value that are not identical to their HTML encoded equivalent. This is a much simpler solution (i.e. show an error message), but it limits the characters you can set as a drop-down value, which can have negative implications if you require those special characters.

My inclination is toward option #2, despite the value limitation it imposes. Thoughts?

This is assigned CORE-1735.

2. In Group Membership, if you have more than one in Member Groups  and move one of those to Available Groups save it  and come back to edit again the option you move not move it's still in Member Groups.

Yes, I see this is an issue. I've created a task for us to look into fixing it for the next version in CORE-1734.

• 2 months later...