Imap Email Downloads / Ticket Creation

TSS_Steve

Question

Hi all, 

Trying to get the IMAP Emails to Ticket creation working. 

All the departments are setup as IMAP for the email collection and ticket creation. 

I can see Blesta logging into the mail server fine with no issues, but it doesn't seem to be collecting the emails and creating the tickets at all. The automation cron is running fine with no errors. 

Cheers

19 answers to this question

are you running your own mail server?

is the mail server on an other server?

I personally found mail server need ssl certificate, if not there is issue with working with blesta

and also check that apropriate ports are opened at firewall

also some control panel have option to disable all email sending from the server, so check if this option is not ticked.

Also blesta cron can look like working but could not work, check cron log at besta, & check the "download" ticket cron task do have an end date after running, if it's empty it's can explain your issue

also at blesta log, check the email tab, and click on task line to really see detail

Thanks for the reply.

Running a mail server on another server. All ports are fine with the firewall, as on the mail server I can see blesta logging into the mailbox but the mail is not being collected or the ticket being created. SSL is enabled and all correct settings are in there for the it to work. 

The download tickets in the logs seems to complete with no errors and theres a complete date 

what ports are you using to connect with your mail server, I remember some port are only used by very old protocol being no more supported by true standard but for about 15 years microsoft software are still using outdated port/protocol and most mail server or php library do not support such very outdated standard.

Ay any of my blesta support department, here is my parameters:

email handeling: imap

security: TLS

box name: INBOX

port: 143

Using the standard IMAP port. 993 and SSL. 

See below code from the mail server logs as its logging in ok. 

Aug 14 14:06:57 box dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<support@domain.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=::1, lip=::1, mpid=18947, TLS, session=<98lrIEUd8gAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>
Aug 14 14:06:57 box dovecot: imap(support@domain.com): Disconnected: Logged out in=158 out=704
Aug 14 14:10:02 box dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<support@domain.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=0.0.0.0, lip=0.0.0.0, mpid=19054, TLS, session=<mMRyK0UdCADA/kyk>
Aug 14 14:10:02 box dovecot: imap(support@domain.com): Disconnected: Logged out in=97 out=568

for your mail server hostname (domain at mx record), have you set:

- Reversese DNS record (PTR): ask to your webhosting provider

- SPF record

- DKIM record

Because at the end you need it for not be taged as spamer, and at your blesta server the firewall or spam software (like spam assasin, etc...), can have rules that check these and maybe reject when it's do not match or is missing.

Also for each of above 3 records, after DNS propagation time, use online tool to check there are fine

if you check back above parameters I had when you edit a given blesta support department

for box name I used "INBOX", and this is the most common place where you receive incomming email at your mail server for the given email account, but supposing in your case you renamed INBOX at your email account. or if your mail server use an other convention?

box name: INBOX

also check your blesta server IP, is white listed at you mail server firewall , and also the reverse.

and flush all previous IP ban or block at firewall at both servers