Help Help Help With Applying New Pricing Slabs

kikloo

Question

Hi,

I ported from WHMCS to Blesta, hence all the things got imported as they were in WHMCS which were wrong anyways. I liked belsta due to the fact that I could specify domain pricing in $$ and it would convert the prices for users in their selected currency (in my case USD to INR). But as I had imported from WHMCS, Blesta is still billing clients in INR which were specified in INR value in WHMCS.

I want to apply USD prices to clients, how do I do that ?? Please help me with it, its urgent and I am facing loses due to this.

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

You have to remove them, or copy each package and remove the INR, I say that because WHMCS used different prices (if you used a coupon, etc) they might not remove because you have them to a client already, so the best way would be make them restricted packages, and then copy and create a new one with the correct prices, and then use them from now on.

You can even cancel the old service with the client, and then re-make the service (un-tick use module when doing it so you don't remove them from the module via the API).

You can set-up the multi-currency up via: Settings > company > currency > currency set-up and do:

post-38-0-11949500-1446118329_thumb.png

Each service has to reference valid pricing or it will not be able to generate invoices. I would not recommend updating the database directly as you may create more problems than you solve in attempting to do so.

If you have multi-currency settings configured, you could do the following:

1. Change your company's default currency to USD: [settings] -> [Currencies]
  2. Uncheck the setting Use Package Pricing for New Services Only
  3. Uncheck the setting Allow Client to Set Currency
  4. Change each client's default currency to USD

Blesta will bill the client in their preferred currency (now USD) by converting your existing service prices (from INR to USD) via the exchange rate when generating invoices.

Hi,

No thats not what I want. I want domain packages to be in USD, no matter what is the currency of client. So Blesta converts USD to client's currency when creating invoices. This is what I want to achieve. Secondly I manually changed pricing id for some domains for testing and it is showing changed I did the following query:

59 is Old INR

69 is New USD I want to use.

---

UPDATE services SET `pricing_id` =  '69', `override_price` = NULL , `override_currency` = NULL WHERE `pricing_id` =  '59';

---

Do I need to take care of anything else after running this query ???

Thanks.

Do I need to take care of anything else after running this query ???

Do each of the affected services, and pricings, belong to the same package? If so, it'll probably be alright. Do any have package options? If so, you'll probably need to update those as well.

There are a lot of rules in Blesta to ensure data integrity and validity between services and package pricing. The best way to avoid potential problems would be to update each service from the interface instead.

Hi,

I did the query and for now all seems fine. I added a new service after the query and in that blesta created the invoice in USD and then I added hosting for which blesta also added the line in invoice in USD instead of INR. I want blesta to convert USD to INR for domains and create domains in INR only. The domain I added and then hosting I added for both the invoice got created in USD. How to make sure that blesta charges in INR no matter the source, if source currency is USD then it should convert to INR and then create invoice in INR, How to do that ???

Thanks.

Every client's currency should be in INR. You can uncheck the settings I listed above:

1. Uncheck the setting Use Package Pricing for New Services Only
  2. Uncheck the setting Allow Client to Set Currency

That will disable the client's ability to change their currency, so they will have to use INR. Unchecking the other setting will allow for currency conversions when package pricing is not defined in the client's default currency. Your domain packages should only define pricing in USD so that anyone that orders it will have invoices created using the exchange rate from USD to INR. Your order form should also only accept INR as the currency for payment. I think that should cover it.