Check Existing Domain On Cpanel On New Subscription

eldzee

Please add checking for existing domain in the validate domain for cpanel module.

since if the client (or different client) inputed the same domain.tld for the cpanel registration,

and then paid for it, one of the registered domain will get stuck in the pending status

(cpanel will throw error domain already exist)

I'm not sure what you mean?

If you order cPanel module and it's already there it should stay in pending because it's already on the server, if a client is stupid enough to use the same domain it's their fault, you simply ask them for another one enter it and activate it.

It's life and business it's what happens, If I go to a provider and use a domain and Callum has already registered it there, that's not his fault or the providers but mine for not asking him, so if I want an account I go with another domain. I shouldn't get an error saying this domain is already in use, because I'd do who the fuck has my domain on their account with this provider?

Actually, let me rephrase.

We do sometimes have clients who want to separate their sub-domain hosting into different hosting account (e.g to split the quota usage, etc)

Lets say that that client own example.com, then want to purchase new hosting account for the subdomain sub1.example.com

if the client doesn't have any subdomain/dns setup for sub1 under example.com account, the auto provision will run without problem,

but if the dns record already set under the base domain, then it will fail to provision sub1.example.com

What we need is some kind of notification when the client about to order new hosting account which the auto provision might fail (due to dns entry already exists),

so at least the client knows and can do removal for such entry before proceeding in ordering new account.

Actually, let me rephrase.

We do sometimes have clients who want to separate their sub-domain hosting into different hosting account (e.g to split the quota usage, etc)

Lets say that that client own example.com, then want to purchase new hosting account for the subdomain sub1.example.com

if the client doesn't have any subdomain/dns setup for sub1 under example.com account, the auto provision will run without problem,

but if the dns record already set under the base domain, then it will fail to provision sub1.example.com

What we need is some kind of notification when the client about to order new hosting account which the auto provision might fail (due to dns entry already exists),

so at least the client knows and can do removal for such entry before proceeding in ordering new account.

Again that's a client issue if you want to order a subdomain, I've never heard of a client ordering a subdomain and a hosting unless it's a web hosting business one for the site, one for a forum or billing area, so they should know it needs the dns on your server.

The reason people order subdomain.domain.com normally is for virtual server hostnames.

Again that's a client issue if you want to order a subdomain, I've never heard of a client ordering a subdomain and a hosting unless it's a web hosting business one for the site, one for a forum or billing area, so they should know it needs the dns on your server.

The reason people order subdomain.domain.com normally is for virtual server hostnames.

That is not a client issue . is a module limitation .

let say you have already in your cpanel server a account with "domain10.com" .

a new client order a new hosting with the same domain "domain10.com" , the module should check if this already in the server or not . is simple !!

That is not a client issue . is a module limitation .

let say you have already in your cpanel server a account with "domain10.com" .

a new client order a new hosting with the same domain "domain10.com" , the module should check if this already in the server or not . is simple !!

Again, if Callum ordered the domain before me and I didn't know and I can't place a order with my own domain because he's already used it, I would be pissed off and write the worst review on a forum, that I couldn't place a order because my domain already is on their server without me using it, so what would you prefer?