Unable To Upgrade

alleyoopster

Question

Hi,

I'm having trouble upgrading from 3.4.2 > 3.6.1

I've downloaded 3.6.1 full version and copied overwriting the files.

When I go through the web upgrade it goes through and confirms an upgrade, but the footer still shows 3.4.2. I tried the cli upgrade and it prompts me to upgrade from 3.4.0 > 3.4.2 I say yes and it confirms finished. The footer still shows 3.4.2 and the database the version is showing as 3.4.0 (database_version key in settings table)

Any ideas?

thanks

15 answers to this question

I'm having trouble upgrading from 3.4.2 > 3.6.1

I've downloaded 3.6.1 full version and copied overwriting the files.

When I go through the web upgrade it goes through and confirms an upgrade, but the footer still shows 3.4.2. I tried the cli upgrade and it prompts me to upgrade from 3.4.0 > 3.4.2 I say yes and it confirms finished. The footer still shows 3.4.2 and the database the version is showing as 3.4.0 (database_version key in settings table)

Any ideas?

It sounds like you upgraded v3.4.0 -> 3.4.2 via CLI, but a further upgrade to v3.6.1 is not possible because you are using v3.4.2 of the Blesta files still. The footer will always show the latest version of the files, so it is clear that they have not yet been overwritten to those from v3.6.1. Once you overwrite those files, then you should be able to run the upgrade.

I'm running on Site5 shared hosting and no caching software runs as far as I am aware. 

You will need to ask their support as they should provide support for the license and they know their cPanel installation.  If they use CloudLinux you could check your PHP settings and ensure all the modules are enabled etc.

There is no caching software at server level here at all, if there is any caching software or plugins, it would be something you installed through your CMS (for plugins) or your dns records (for CloudFlare)

Your nameservers aren't CloudFlare's, so you don't have a full account there. Though you could have activated it through cPanel for your domain name - check in there under the CloudFlare section.

If you need anything else at all, please let us know.

I don't have Cloudflare. so it looks like there is no caching at all.

Hi,

I had a reply from Site5:

This is quite strange as there is no caching whatsoever. Did you try to flush your browser caches, perhaps this is a local issue.

I don't believe going for a VPS would be of much help, just as starting fresh with a new install. If this is an option for you, it is recommended to give it a go.

Other than this, there is absolutely nothing that would ever prevent this script from upgrading as it is fully compatible with our server setup.

I strongly advise asking Blesta support for indepth review of the issue, if it persists.

Hosting Blesta on a VPS is not an option currently due to the additional costs of the VPS and the Blesta license, which is currently part of a reseller account. Resorting to a backup exhibits the same problem. This leaves me 2 options - I use a different Billing Solution or I try and do a fresh install and then try and restore the data. Is there a procedure for this - can it be done relatively easily?

Many thanks

Edited by alleyoopster

Hi,

I had a reply from Blesta:

Hosting Blesta on a VPS is not an option currently due to the additional costs of the VPS and the Blesta license, which is currently part of a reseller account. Resorting to a backup exhibits the same problem. This leaves me 2 options - I use a different Billing Solution or I try and do a fresh install and then try and restore the data. Is there a procedure for this - can it be done relatively easily?

Many thanks

You mean a reply from site5? And what blesta support they are supposed to support and then you have the community support on the forum.

I would in that case then go back to a old backup, and then move hosting providers. Try and upgrade there if it works it's Site5. If it doesn't then I'm confused 100% more.

You can restore a database as long as you keep the config/blesta.php as that has the encryption key. But trust me that won't solve a thing.

thanks for your reply

You mean a reply from site5?

Yes, sorry (corrected)

And what blesta support they are supposed to support and then you have the community support on the forum.

I was only aware I got community support. Are you saying Site5 should support me for problems with Blesta? 

I could try another hosting provider. Can you suggest one?

thanks for your reply

Yes, sorry (corrected)

I was only aware I got community support. Are you saying Site5 should support me for problems with Blesta? 

I could try another hosting provider. Can you suggest one?

Correct, they are the "reseller" on the link I linked the sentenced with. If they can't fix it then the forum is the next best stop. I recommend TheSkySpace.com for VPS, FreshRoastedHosting.com, SwanseaHost.co.uk or EvolveWebhost.com for shared.

That was the problem :) - the files did not get overwritten. I used rsync to make sure and all is good now.

Just as a note - the database version in the settings table is now 3.6.0-b1. So, if I try to upgrade through CLI now I still get prompted to upgrade from 3.6.0-b1 > 3.6.1. Same as when it was 3.4.0 > 3.4.2

Blesta CLI Upgrader
----------------------------------------
Upgrade from 3.6.0-b1 to 3.6.1? (Y/N): N

However, all is good. Thanks for your time Mike and for the fix Tyson.