Report Bug In License Manager

timnboys

Question

Report Bug in license manager

It appears license manager doesn't return status back when key is suspended or other status then "active"

and therefore that makes it very hard for the client side system to determine the status and therefore returns the status of "unknown" when that isn't correct especially when the key is suspended or not in active status

I ask please fix this and get the license manager plugin to return the correct license status instead of just "unknown" like that helps either the user or me the developer.

as to be honest if it doesn't return the correct status what good is the switch statement that goes through and determines which status it is like suspended as the only two statuses that actually work and are useful currently are status:valid and status:unknown

please fix this as it appears to be a issue with the license plugin not returning any data with the status when that is the case which leads the clientside to instead return status of "unknown" instead of its real status.

as to be honest right now with that bug it makes me want to instead go back to whmcs licensing addon that actually does return the status regardless of if it is suspended or not and actually can be useful to say in the script "sorry license suspended please contact support" instead of "unknown" <--- do I really want that when I can see multiple tickets already for that and me pulling my hair out over it figuratively.

as to be honest I like blesta I really do but you got to make the license manager actually work like it is supposed to otherwise I would rather move back to whmcs & their licensing addon and avoid trying to pull my hair out any longer figuratively for something that doesn't work like it should.

3 answers to this question

It works fine for me: http://screencast.com/t/CuQSLhEr

Error: Could Not Perform Installation: License key is invalid

The reason it doesn't stop my plugin in it's installation is we don't suspend licenses as they are "Owned" licenses it will only stop re-installations if you've abused the terms. Not that we will because it's a One-time payment and no terms or anything.

But if we made a monthly one then it would probably do as expected and suspend the plugin from being used because it's invalid. But that wouldn't be a good idea to do on my end because it would take people's site's down.

And for bugs you post in the "Bugs" forum with the relevant information required in the top post. If you want to go back to the WHMCS feel free no-one will stop you, but you can't use it as leverage as it's your loss :).

It works fine for me: http://screencast.com/t/CuQSLhEr

Error: Could Not Perform Installation: License key is invalid

The reason it doesn't stop my plugin in it's installation is we don't suspend licenses as they are "Owned" licenses it will only stop re-installations if you've abused the terms. Not that we will because it's a One-time payment and no terms or anything.

But if we made a monthly one then it would probably do as expected and suspend the plugin from being used because it's invalid. But that wouldn't be a good idea to do on my end because it would take people's site's down.

And for bugs you post in the "Bugs" forum with the relevant information required in the top post. If you want to go back to the WHMCS feel free no-one will stop you, but you can't use it as leverage as it's your loss :).

okay please tell me michael dance on your script do you only check for the "unknown" status and output "license key is invalid" or if status is "valid" you allow through?

please tell me as I like blesta and want to use their licensing manager but it seems I cannot understand how everything works yet though and that maybe my problem.

okay please tell me michael dance on your script do you only check for the "unknown" status and output "license key is invalid" or if status is "valid" you allow through?

please tell me as I like blesta and want to use their licensing manager but it seems I cannot understand how everything works yet though and that maybe my problem.

I don't know how ours works but I believe it's that file I told you about.