Choosing Cpanel Username At Registration

john5788

Question

I am noticing that the default cPanel username is the domain of the package that a user has ordered. WHMCS seems to behave the same way (is there a reason for this?) Is there a way to allow the user to choose their cPanel username/password upon ordering a package? Or perhaps if they are registering and ordering at the same time, duplicate the Blesta credentials to cPanel?

I realize I can go in and change the username for the from the default to whatever, but I would like to have the user handle things on their own as much as possible.

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

I am noticing that the default cPanel username is the domain of the package that a user has ordered. WHMCS seems to behave the same way (is there a reason for this?) Is there a way to allow the user to choose their cPanel username/password upon ordering a package? Or perhaps if they are registering and ordering at the same time, duplicate the Blesta credentials to cPanel?

I realize I can go in and change the username for the from the default to whatever, but I would like to have the user handle things on their own as much as possible.

Thanks.

Are you using the CORE cPanel module or one of the extended versions? We use the cPanel Extended version from ModulesMatic which gives us the option to show or hide the username and/or password field. Look it over before you make a change because there is no easy way to switch back and forth from CORE to non CORE modules. This may help you out.

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5552-module-cpanel-extended-v42/

Are you using the CORE cPanel module or one of the extended versions? We use the cPanel Extended version from ModulesMatic which gives us the option to show or hide the username and/or password field. Look it over before you make a change because there is no easy way to switch back and forth from CORE to non CORE modules. This may help you out.

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5552-module-cpanel-extended-v42/

Ah never tried the core then I went to your site to test... so your fault if it is by default  :P