User Different In Blesta To Cpanel - Help Urgently Needed

MDHMatt

Question

Hey all,

Im not sure how this happened but ive got a client in blesta with the username whiterose but in cpanel their user name is whiteroselaundry ???

Is there a way i can fix this mix up without cocking up their websites and emails etc?

They are wanting to upgrade to a higher tier of hosting but the system wont let them due to the name inconsistency

cheers!

7 answers to this question

Yeah, I think the easiest solution is to update their username in Blesta to reflect the same username in cPanel, and save it with "Use Module" unchecked.

What error do you receive when you say it's not letting you update it?

Well it comes up with a message saying that the actions are complete but then when i go back to check nothing has changed

I see. It looks like the cPanel module only makes the changes if Use Module is checked.

You should be able to do the following:

• Update their service in Blesta to change their username to the username they have in cPanel
  • Remove their password (set it to a blank value). This is so that Blesta will not attempt to overwrite it in case it differs from what's stored in cPanel
  • Leave "Use Module" checked
  • Save

Their username should now be updated in Blesta, and no data should be changed in cPanel because it's all the same anyway.