Making An Order Form On My Site, How To Link Products And Options?

Rocketz

I'm building an order form on my website, and not using Blesta's. Blesta will still be used for order confirmation and payment.

I'm coming from the other product, where you can link to a product, its addons and pre-enter a domain and option for it. 

For example, on the competing product, to skip the domain enter screen : 

http://blestainstall.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=5&configoption[3]=1domainoption=owndomain&sld=google&tld=org&=skipconfig=1

That would have the user select product ID 5, and having option 3 enabled. Google.org would be the domain, using own nameservers, and then skip the product configuration screen and go straight to order confirmation and payment.

How do I do this with Blesta? 

Take a look at the documentation on linking to a product. Although not specifically defined, config options may work similar to this example. Domains are separate from other packages and AFAIK that must be provided via POST. The only way I see that working is if you configure your links to submit a form to a particular product, but I have not tested that behavior.

I'm looking for something like this too..

Is there a way to pre-fill the order form via the URL? For example: 

http://domain.com/order/config/index/dedicated/?group_id=1&pricing_id=18&configoptions[5]=true&configoption[7]=true&domain=sampledomain.com

..so on, for all the form fields?

Thank you!

Not at the moment you could open a feature request but i'm not a fan of that myself.

Not at the moment you could open a feature request but i'm not a fan of that myself.

Oh, so what would be the best practice to have the plans variations and config options on my website and the checkout on blesta? Or there's no possible way at the moment?

Thanks!

Oh, so what would be the best practice to have the plans variations and config options on my website and the checkout on blesta? Or there's no possible way at the moment?

Thanks!

You can just let customers pick the configs after they click the link to order.

That's not really what I'm looking for unfortunately. I want the customer to click the least amount of times to order something. My idea is that they can order most things directly on the website and just use blesta for order confirmation / payment. 

So this can't be done via URL or API? 

That's not really what I'm looking for unfortunately. I want the customer to click the least amount of times to order something. My idea is that they can order most things directly on the website and just use blesta for order confirmation / payment. 

So this can't be done via URL or API? 

You can probably do it by API :-

https://docs.blesta.com/display/dev/API

http://source-docs.blesta.com

The guys will be able to point you in the right direction if it is possible.

So would that mean i'd still need to build my own order form anyway?

I'd prefer linking, because it's simpler, and easier to stylize across the website. 

Well it is easiest method and it is very easy to do,here is example of domain order form I post on other thread...it is same principle

<form action="https://your_order_form_url" method="post">

<input name="_csrf_token" value="your_csfr_token" type="hidden"> this need to be disabled since it will work for short time..till new token is generated

<input name="domain" value="" placeholder="yourdomain.com" type="text"> <select name="tlds[]">

<option name="tlds[]" value=".com" id="t.com">.com</option>

<option name="tlds[]" value=".org" id="t.org">.org</option>

<option name="tlds[]" value=".net" id="t.net">.net</option>

<option name="tlds[]" value=".in" id="t.in">.in</option>

<option name="tlds[]" value=".co" id="t.co">.co</option>

<option name="tlds[]" value=".biz" id="t.biz">.biz</option>

</select>

<input name="lookup" type="submit" value="Go">

I can write and test for service order form also in few minutes if you want,other options could be plugin or it can be hard coded also but this is not short time work..

Well this order form should include package,config. option and log in/registration form...at this way user would end at checkout confirmation page....only problem is you need to disable CSRF