Cron Stopped Running

jjsararas

Question

When I logged in just now, I got a message saying something like "license successfully reactivated", and then had to enter my user/login a second time to get in to the dashboard.. On the home screen there are notifcations saying no cron has run in 24 hours and no invoices have been created by cron in past 24 hours..

My license is issued through WebHostingBuzz reseller. My guess is, when a license is up for renewal, the actual renewal is trigger by logging in, and I'm hoping that now that it's been successfully reactivated, the invoices (attached to services) that were not created will be created. Is that the case? OR do I have to go and manually create the ones that were missed?

Thanks a lot.

10 answers to this question

It sounds like the cron is not set up. The cron will validate the license once a day normally. When you received that message when logging in, that your license revalidated, it means that it has been more than a week since it was validated. Setting up a cron job will prevent that error, and automate everything in Blesta.

Go to Settings > System > Automation. Try running the cron manually by clicking the button. If it works, you should get some output. Then, confirm that your cron job is set up properly on your server.

Go to Settings > System > Automation. Try running the cron manually by clicking the button. If it works, you should get some output. Then, confirm that your cron job is set up properly on your server.

I tried that and it worked, but then it didn't run again automatically. I ran it again manually today, and it appears to work fine when I run it manually, but seems to have lost it's ability to run automatically. Should I try and re-create the cron job on the server maybe?

I tried that and it worked, but then it didn't run again automatically. I ran it again manually today, and it appears to work fine when I run it manually, but seems to have lost it's ability to run automatically. Should I try and re-create the cron job on the server maybe?

What are you using a control panel / pure ssh?