AmazonS3 Not backing up

calottery

Question

Hey guys,

I have AmazonS3 configured with a backup directory and settings are tested and works in Blesta Settings. However, both cron hourly backups and force backups do not seem to work, or in other words, there are no backups coming into the directory.

The bucket name, API credentials are all correct. And Passes the "Test these settings" .

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot or fix? What am I doing wrong here?

settingscorrect.png

3 answers to this question

Do you have mysqldump on your system? Blesta executes mysqldump to perform a backup, and writes it to the temp directory defined under Settings > System > General, which must be writable. After that, it will try to send it to S3. If downloading a backup manually doesn't work, it's probably not able to get that far.

Hey Paul, good to hear from you.

1. mysqldump is there

2. tmp is writeable. I see the green checkmark

3. Still can't get backups to work. Does Blesta support buckets with folders in them? Ex: lets say the bucket is called hosting/Blesta_Backups where /Blesta_Backups is the bucket folder I wish to put S3 backups to. If Blesta supports folders, then for the entire bucket name, what would I put? "hosting/Blesta_Backups" ??

Is mysqldump executable by your user?

I suggest creating a new bucket just for backups, so that they do not go in any sub-directory. Appending a sub-directory may be an issue.

I would suggest temporarily disabling your cron, and then running it manually with error reporting on after the hour rolls around (when it should attempt a backup)

To enable error reporting, edit /config/blesta.php and change

Configure::errorReporting(0);

to

Configure::errorReporting(-1);

See if any errors are output when attempting the backup. Disable error reporting when done.