Error Message Upon Payment

mtsage

Question

I am a new user and am setting up and testing Blesta. I have set up Stripe and am testing that now. I am getting an error message...here is the situation:

1-An Order is Created and Placed using Stripe

2-Error Message Displayed (see msg # 1 screenshot) :
    invalid positive integer
    the payment gateway returned an error when processing the request

However, despite the message, two invoices were created. 1 had payment applied and services were provisioned and 1 showed balance due. And a Customer would have no idea that a payment was successfully processed.

one email was generated showing that a payment was made (see msg # 2 screenshot) Where do I edit that template?

no email was generated to acknowledge service provisioning. I haven't yet figured out how to set that up I guess.

You Help is appreciated,

Michael

msg # 1 ccreenshot-shows-error-but-payment-wass-successful-and-account-was-provisioned.gif

msg # 2-Email Received.gif

17 answers to this question

But it appears to be creating that second invoice all by itself and remaining on the payment screen AFTER I click "Pay & Complete Order", thus the error message.

When I go into my Admin dashboard at this point, 2 invoices show and one approved payment shows and the service is provisioned. One invoice shows it is still due. I have recreated this issue every time I have tried.

Edited by mtsage
additional info

36 minutes ago, mtsage said:

But it appears to be creating that second invoice all by itself and remaining on the payment screen AFTER I click "Pay & Complete Order", thus the error message.

When I go into my Admin dashboard at this point, 2 invoices show and one approved payment shows and the service is provisioned. One invoice shows it is still due. I have recreated this issue every time I have tried.

I've never experience an invoice being created after trying to make a payment.

This could be caused by the fact that you're using 'Test Client' as the cardholders name, which I assume isn't the real name. You need to use real details. I've never had this issue using Stripe though I no longer use it. I hope you're going to gain PCI Compliance before using the gateway, otherwise it's a no go. 

See this information here https://support.formstack.com/customer/portal/articles/1899106

Regarding PCI Compliance 

Update: I ran another transaction just now and it went through perfectly. My prior tests had all resulted in the error described above.

I am on a standard broadband connection today (Time Warner). My other transactions were made from my home in the mountains where the only option I have is satellite internet (Hughesnet)  which tends to be slower. I don't know if that could be related or not.

Thank you all for your help.

Michael

44 minutes ago, mtsage said:

Thank you. I will do more testing when I can get to it making sure about the name issue. I need to learn about PCI Compliance and thank you for that warning. I do not know where to begin on that. I actually thought Stripe handled all that.

No need to worry mate, as long as you use https:// and tick that button the only thing is we need to be secure as we can be until Blesta has StripeJS in place.