Language Files

morfargekko

Question

13 answers to this question

Hi, I am trying to get the Swedish translation installed even if it is not completed yet. Downloaded from http://translate.blesta.com/ but only a few translated words are in the downloaded file. There should be over 740 strings of text translated so something must be wrong.

There should be loads of files in it? At the moment there's 7 files, so maybe they are shared in each one.

Thanks for the confirmation. I hope that Tyson can give an answer to this. The Swedish translation is 15% complete so there should be a lot more than it is.

Yeah Tyson will :).

I see what you mean haha I found this many:

1 - Plugins - system status:

1 - Admin Billing

5 - Admin Clients

1 - Admin Tools

1 - Contacts

1 - Cron Tasks

1 - Staff

===============

11 - Entries

===============

11 out of 740 :o Yikes, maybe they need exporting again as the new ones might not be added to the download package.

It may be that the 15% it calculates is considering definitions translated after the exported zip was already made. Since the exports for v3.0.0.b1 were created a couple weeks ago, anything translated since has yet to be added to the export, or would be in a v3.0.1 export.

We're working toward some automatic nightly exports for the translator, but haven't been able to get to that yet, so I'll see if we can generate another round of exports soon.

I want to translate only the client area, Nothing more .  What files should I modify?

Go into the language folder and copy the en_us to whatever your language you want. And edit the files inside the new folder. 

You will need to edit the client_ files.

Then go to: /settings/company/general/localization/ and select it from the dropdown box. If you download anything from the translate website, you can use that, and add the new values yourself from the English one. Everything which doesn't have a translated version will show up in English.

I had whmcs, I spent days and days to translate but every time whmcs updated I had problems  at last I gave up.

What about blesta ?  As you develop your software, Terms , words will change or added. How will you handle those ?

Yes, terms will change, be removed, and new ones may be added, and they will get updated on the Blesta Translator for that particular version. Since the translator is crowd-sourced, you don't necessarily have to translate everything by yourself, which should hopefully speed things up a bit.

If the language you translate for is 100% complete in one version (let's say v3.0.0), then a new version comes out (say v3.1.0), you only need to translate the differences, and re-download the updated translations. This assumes you're translating terms by using the translator. However, if you decide to translate the files directly, then you will need to manage your translations yourself, and merge changes as necessary with new versions.