SolusVM API user

Stu

Question

I am setting up solusVM for the first time.

I have added the created SolusVM API user into blesta, but it doesnt seem to communicate.

If the API log in SolusVM is empty, then I am assuming blesta has not been able to communicate at all, is this correct?

Is there a log on Blesta's side of things for this communication that I can look at?

When things are working, if I make changes to something in solusVM, does blesta automatically check for changes and pick them up or do I have to refresh something to make the changes show? If so I couldn't find anywhere so please let me know where.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Posting this for others...

Thanks for your help Paul :)

Creating a package and selecting the SolusVM module should prompt an API call to your SolusVM master server.

For SolusVM, when managing the module under Settings > Company > Modules, you should create a Server Group and add your SolusVM master server into the group. The reason for this is that there's a bug with 4.0 that will not populate the module fields correctly if it doesn't belong to a group.

In either case though, you should see the API request in Tools > Logs > Module log. Click the row to expand. It should look something like this:

INPUT
your.solusvm.server|list-plans
a:1:{s:4:"type";s:3:"xen";}

OUTPUT
your.solusvm.server
<?xml version='1.0'?>
<status>success</status>
<statusmsg></statusmsg>
<plans>
<plan>
<id>9</id>
<name>20</name>
<ipv6subnets>0</ipv6subnets>
<automatedbackups>1</automatedbackups>

thanks Paul, I didnt realise each line expanded when you click on it lol.

It turns out it was just a case of waiting for the blesta process to run and connect to the SoluVM API and pull the details.

Is there a way to manually force whatever process that is to run?

would be useful to know how for testing purposes.

Thanks